Artist For Pmenu Skins Wanted

Anyone who has some spare time, feel free to update my Colors theme with the new config since I don't have the time to reinstall my Ubuntu 32-bit VM.
The skin is licensed CC-BY-SA so feel free to modify it too if you think something looks ugly.

B-ZaR said:
Cpasjuste (or someone), could you fix the skin I submitted to work with the new version? I reeeally have no time to spare for a while. I hope it's not too much work, and I wouldn't ask if I had the time to do it myself.

Yes no problem, i will !

MDave said:
Bug report! Scrolling through applications seems to not work sometimes. Or it shows the applications on the next page but doesn't let you scroll back up a page.

Only sometimes this happens, no idea why.

Thanks, will fix that. Does it happen only after changing the skin ?

Paradox said:
how about my comments about the time format, the text being able to cut off with "..." before they reach the side of the box etc so it looks cleaner?

Will see that too but may be too much work for now.

mindlord said:
I uploaded fixed versions of my two skins.
both are at v003 now.

Steampunk
Wirejunkie

New Bug:
The favorites list uses the wrong fonts.

Thanks, will fix that :)

dflemstr said:
Anyone who has some spare time, feel free to update my Colors theme with the new config since I don't have the time to reinstall my Ubuntu 32-bit VM.
The skin is licensed CC-BY-SA so feel free to modify it too if you think something looks ugly.

Yes no problem dflemstr, i will do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I never got any answers from the author of the image used in my first project, I've started a new one completely made myself.
Many thing are still worked on.
GhostWhitescreen1.png

GhostWhitescreen2.png

As you can see I'm going for a whitish electronic theme.
There will be more "electronic tracks" and another font.
And some icons are still the standard ones that need to be replaced

monkeyo2 said:
Cpasjuste, I can't access your FTP server at the moment, but you can get my updated skins here:

monkeyo2_Magnetite_v003.zip
monkeyo2_Tungsten_v008.zip

Can you see if Tungsten is light enough now? Thanks!

Edit: The FTP server seems to be back up now, so I've uploaded them.

Cool ! Yep i must have reboot the server (dont remember) and forget to restart ftp.
Else i'v updated all the skins (that was not updated to the latest version) on the ftp and have put them in the pmenu git repository, so they will be embedded in the first pandora image :)

I will use your new one monkeyo2.

KodeIn said:
Since I never got any answers from the author of the image used in my first project, I've started a new one completely made myself.
Many thing are still worked on.

As you can see I'm going for a whitish electronic theme.
There will be more "electronic tracks" and another font.
And some icons are still the standard ones that need to be replaced
Very nice the round part in the bottom left makes it look really fresh

Cpasjuste said:
Cool ! Yep i must have reboot the server (dont remember) and forget to restart ftp.
Else i'v updated all the skins (that was not updated to the latest version) on the ftp and have put them in the pmenu git repository, so they will be embedded in the first pandora image :)

I will use your new one monkeyo2.
Coooooool! I'm quite excited about a few of my pixels already being on my Pandora when I get! :)

Let me know if Tungsten is still too dark, and I hope you've deleted DarkMonkeyo!

are you still taking submissions?
also, is transparency allowed? edit: looks like it does

edit: got pmenu working in ubuntu, but how do I actually use it?
while reading through the thread so far, somewhere someone said something about using f11 and f12 to navigate? problem is I'm using vmware, and the function keys all register in the host OS, OSX
is there any other way to navigate?

EDIT: nvms, just grabbed a virtual keyboard

EDIT: Can I use the Helvetica font? or do I need some alternative?

almost done...
a bit of an issue, is that any unit in the application list doesn't allow you do move the text and icon around individually, which is why the icons aren't centered....
edit: spoiler tags on pics
Screen%20shot%202009-12-21%20at%203.33.35%20PM.png
Screen%20shot%202009-12-21%20at%203.32.43%20PM.png

El Jefe said:
almost done...
a bit of an issue, is that any unit in the application list doesn't allow you do move the text and icon around individually, which is why the icons aren't centered....

It is pretty cool, like it.

Yes you can change fonts and use transparency, and i also still taking submission. Else for the icons centering thing, you could maybe use the thing called "title_description_lineskip" or don't remember extractly, but there is an option i think that could put your title and description text lower.

great, I found the option, and it worked fine
I'm basically done, and I will upload it to the ftp in a few mins,
one thing I'm not sure about..
the preview: it seems like everyone is using bmp instead of png, so I will do the same, but I'm not sure how many bits, I'm just going to save it as 16bit, and if thats a huge problem, I can save as 8 or 32 later on.

El Jefe said:
great, I found the option, and it worked fine
I'm basically done, and I will upload it to the ftp in a few mins,
one thing I'm not sure about..
the preview: it seems like everyone is using bmp instead of png, so I will do the same, but I'm not sure how many bits, I'm just going to save it as 16bit, and if thats a huge problem, I can save as 8 or 32 later on.
BMP uses way more disk space... I'd say use PNG (especially if you have transparent images), even though Cpasjuste probably will say that BMPs are faster to draw or somesuch.

also, files don't show up, I assumed this was a known issue, if not, what am I doing wrong?
edit: I mean actual files, not the games

El Jefe said:
also, files don't show up, I assumed this was a known issue, if not, what am I doing wrong?
edit: I mean actual files, not the games
The media browser is a beta feature (that might be abandoned for all I know) AFAIK.

Back