Artist For Pmenu Skins Wanted

Hmm... I don't really like the idea of a Misc category personally (although I understand why it exists). I always made pretty good use of the Applications section in Gmenu2x, and it effectively became a "misc" section for things that weren't games or emulators. Is it possible to make uncategorised PNDs default to the Applications section?

Ok so it's cool for me, you can in fact name it like you want, it's an option in the skin configuration file. So i will remove either current application or misc section. For artist/users it's transparent, just one section will disappear, and artist/users will have the choice to name/design that remaining section like they want. Does it seems good like that ?

monkeyo2 said:
I thought something dark and and understated might look quite nice on the Pandora's screen, so I done a quick Photoshop:

Notes: Yes the icons are from Webdings & Wingdings, it's a mock-up (the font is Arial, I'm such a badass designer).

Also, I've never played Duk Duk, nor indeed had I even heard of it until I started a very short search for a colourful place holder graphic. I've no idea if it will ever appear on Pandora, or if it's any good, but it's a Blender game, so I'm guessing that's not impossible and the picture looks quite nice.

I really like it, would be cool if you could actually do it for real :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the Misc. category would be for applications like the terminal, a notepad, and other system tools or applications that aren't you're standard user level apps. And Applications for your standard applications like GIMP, Firefox, Pidgin etc ;) Though I have no problem with merging them into one :)

MDave said:
I was thinking the Misc. category would be for applications like the terminal, a notepad, and other system tools or applications that aren't you're standard user level apps. And Applications for your standard applications like GIMP, Firefox, Pidgin etc ;) Though I have no problem with merging them into one :)

Yes, I thought this way too. By accessories I meant the kind of stuff that for example gnome has in its accessories menu, eg. calculator, terminal, gedit, screenshot app and so on.

Keep in mind that for me, the minimal menu is not designed to run X applications. Things like gedit, firefox and all that stuff will not be launched by the menu for now. It's possible in the future, but i don't really see the need to rewrite something that is already done (there is a lot of X11 windows manager around). The menu is designed to run application "from the terminal", some applications that require more memory for exemple, or are faster without X. This menu is just here to launch those applications, else you'll have to start X (an option will be here in the menu to do that.) It's like a g2xmenu, wiz menu or (far away) a psp menu. So applications that do not require X should not be common, not sure we really need a section just for that.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this, but since the Pandora has a touchscreen, wouldn't it make sense to put the menu on the right and the preview on the left? (with the option to have the menu on the left and the preview on the right for lefties or those not using the touchscreen)

Deudanann said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this, but since the Pandora has a touchscreen, wouldn't it make sense to put the menu on the right and the preview on the left? (with the option to have the menu on the left and the preview on the right for lefties or those not using the touchscreen)

skinners can.

move the application list change the x and y coords

Code:
  ####################
  # Applications box #
  ####################

applications_box_x =96;
      applications_box_y = 3;
      application_highlight = "app_highlight.bmp";

and for the preview pane, change the x and y... not sure why you need to change the preview unless it scales the image :D

Code:
  ###############
  # Preview pic #
  ###############

preview_pic_x = 600;
      preview_pic_y = 265;
      preview_pic_w = 330;

working on a skin blind... would like someone with everything setup to help me out with testing...

pmenu.jpg

Still lots to do but here is the header concept of my skin..
I love monkeyo2 concept..

I`m going to have to try out a darker concept design after this one :)

pmenu_console.jpg

Amazing start SlashEMc2k :)

got my concept from ages ago almost designed... though not happy with the icons might flip the menu/ preview around
pandapmenu.jpg

In the next revision Cpasjuste can you add seperate font colour and sizes for the sd cards, time and cpu speed please :) so i can make the time bigger and the sd card stuff go in the top bar :D

So, my theme is now mostly what I imagined in the start. Tell me if I'm missing some obvious flaws.

bildschirmfoto1ql.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z2xumzgvzmx

Trevsweb said:

got my concept from ages ago almost designed... though not happy with the icons might flip the menu/ preview around

In the next revision Cpasjuste can you add seperate font colour and sizes for the sd cards, time and cpu speed please :) so i can make the time bigger and the sd card stuff go in the top bar :D

Yup, i could just allow using the small or big fonts for every information text, would it be good enough ?

Ps: really love all your latest skins guys :)

Cpasjuste said:
Trevsweb said:

Yup, i could just allow using the small or big fonts for every information text, would it be good enough ?

Ps: really love all your latest skins guys :)

would prefer just the font size... as i want the clock to be bigger than the other text. but the other stuff can be just the big/small text. thanks

RE: conso, only obvious thing is to fix the text for "divers"

Darn you conso, SlashEMc2k and Trevsweb! Great skins there, I'm going to have to step up my game now! :p

Thanks for all the compliments guys (especially MDave, as I used your design as a layout guide, and Gruso for the mention on the blog :blush: ).

I'll have a go at making it for real when I get home from work, although I'm not making any promises just yet as the only reason I installed Ubuntu 8 on my home computer was so that I could have a go on Compiz (I couldn't get my X-Fi soundcard to work, and there's no Adobe apps, so it was of limited use to me, but maybe now is it's time to shine!).

Back