Artist For Pmenu Skins Wanted

I'm nearly done adopting my theme to the "new" pmenu-version.

bildschirmfoto4.png

I'd like to make all text of highlighted elements orange, but font_small_color_highlight seems to have no effect at all.

Oh, so you did given up on the background of your skin, Conso? I really liked it... Any chance we could get it with at least a similar bg? =/

Anyway, it is a great work! =]

Near-kun said:
Oh, so you did given up on the background of your skin, Conso? I really liked it... Any chance we could get it with at least a similar bg? =/

Anyway, it is a great work! =]

Hmm... it obviously needs some tweaking, but should be rather trivial.

bildschirmfoto5v.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please fix the application strings so that it doesn't say "favorites applications"? Thanks. :p

(Yeah, I know that you say "les applications favorites" but you don't in English)

mindlord said:
Updated Steampunk to take advantage of the lastest features and I found some open fonts that look pretty good. Someone suggested reversing the orientation of the application and preview areas, and I like it.

steampunk_v002.png

Download from cpasjuste's ftp
thats a nice one, but needs some more tweaking by my opinion.

Cpasjuste, an idea for the next version (when you add features): A layover for the preview box. We could do all sorts of things with that like rounded corners, ripped edges, glassy look... you get the picture :)

Oh, also if you add features I think it would be a good idea to make as many skin parameters optional as possible. Most importantly the new features, so old skins don't need to be retrofitted. Smart defaults for the config file.

Mouse control still seems to be missing. Otherwise, I'm mostly good :)

borgqueenx said:
mindlord said:
Updated Steampunk to take advantage of the lastest features and I found some open fonts that look pretty good. Someone suggested reversing the orientation of the application and preview areas, and I like it.

(Image)

Could you be more specific?

MDave said:
I think I'm finished with my Shotgun theme, although I'll listen to comments before I upload it :)
Hey MDave, that's a good one, you should definitely upload it!

I do have a question though, how do you adjust the width of the the text area on the confirm box? I've tried playing with confirm_box_x, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks! Just going to do a few more tweaks then I'll upload :)

In reply to your question; It seems to change depending on the number of letters for the name of the application. Font size and the font itself could screw things up a bit too if the font has weird sizes or letter width.

mindlord said:
borgqueenx said:
mindlord said:

(Image)

I like your Steampunk Theme. Yes, the new Font is much better now. Maybe the selected Icon on top could stay out somehow, bigger, or glowing maybe, A Shadow under the Icon... something like this. :)
Sadly, the current Menu engine can't do more effects for the bottom line like I suggested some time before, this would fit very well within such a Theme. ^_^
The small "Add to favs" window could look better with a complete (golden?) frame around.

fusion_power said:
I like your Steampunk Theme. Yes, the new Font is much better now. Maybe the selected Icon on top could stay out somehow, bigger, or glowing maybe, A Shadow under the Icon... something like this. :)
Sadly, the current Menu engine can't do more effects for the bottom line like I suggested some time before, this would fit very well within such a Theme. ^_^
The small "Add to favs" window could look better with a complete (golden?) frame around.

Shadows? No problem. I agree a complete border will make the dialog box stand out better. I'll put this advice to use in the next revision. I think I might have a possible compromise on the time and cpu speed. Unfortunately I can't control precisely the location of the SD card sizes, so no hope there. I kinda wish cpasjuste has left the option for bitmapped fonts in. I could do some nice stuff with that.

fusion_power said:

Shadows? No problem. I agree a complete border will make the dialog box stand out better. I'll put this advice to use in the next revision. I think I might have a possible compromise on the time and cpu speed. Unfortunately I can't control precisely the location of the SD card sizes, so no hope there. I kinda wish cpasjuste has left the option for bitmapped fonts in. I could do some nice stuff with that.

mindlord said:
borgqueenx said:
mindlord said:

(Image)

the square that shows the image of the game, is not filled by the image of the game. Also, the box that asks yes/no doesnt have edges.
and finally the red color on the status bar aint really fitting well with the maya theme.

Ofcource everything's a matter of opinion.

MDave said:
It seems to change depending on the number of letters for the name of the application. Font size and the font itself could screw things up a bit too if the font has weird sizes or letter width.
Ain't that the truth :D , I found using a smaller graphic worked better than the bigger one I had before.

Anyway, I wasn't really happy with my Tungsten skin, so I went back and did a bit of tweeking myself (sorry for uploading all the previous versions Cpasjuste, I kept thinking it was finished, and then not liking it the next day! Half of them are versions I'd forgotten to deleate stuff from before uploading).

pandoraskin11.png

pandoraskin10.png

pandoraskin13.png

monkeyo2_Tungsten_v006.zip

Also, this is my 100th Post! WooHoo!

(I'd like to thank God, my router, Eddie Murphy, etc. etc.)

borgqueenx said:
the square that shows the image of the game, is not filled by the image of the game.
This can't be fixed, since the engine has no way to allow the skin to appear over the preview. So the outside edge of the preview can't be larger than the inside edge of the circular flourishes.
Also, the box that asks yes/no doesnt have edges.
Someone else mentioned this already, and I plan on adding edges in the next revision

and finally the red color on the status bar aint really fitting well with the maya theme.

Ofcource everything's a matter of opinion.

Crushed red velvet appears frequently in Steampunk.

New skin by Monkey02 is awesome!
I love the highlight of the selected app/game great idea..

Only one thing I dislike is the lens flare over the highlighted section the rest is great!
I need to find some time to complete my skins.. sigh not enough time in the day...

SlashEMc2k said:
Only one thing I dislike is the lens flare over the highlighted section the rest is great!
Thanks Slash (& Trip), I only hope Cpasjuste re-emerges to make use of all these skins!

I know lens flares are a bit clichéd, but in my defence I would say that I did construct it myself rather than using filters, and it looks better when it's pulsing in the application. I couldn't think of a better idea that would work behind all the different icons, but I'll have another look at it next week with a fresh set of eyes and see if it annoys me or if I can think of anything better.

I ended up doing the app_highlight like that to fill the big space under each item that was created by having the game icons so big. Initially I would have preferred to have been able to move the text down, but Cpasjuste has probably had enough feature requests, and I've always admired Jack White's philosophy that limitation breeds creativity!

Back