Pandora Are you an active developer on Pandora?

A quick update.

I have fixed a couple of more things, so now the GUI is completely good

post-5182-0-34847400-1395315023.png

But..

When entering "Use preferences", I have a glitch, and the gl stack is corrupted somehow...blender268_7.png

I have to review once again the code...

About GL_SELECT, I haven't checked the usefullness of it (and if it can be avoided) yet. Not much list in Blender, so the current lack of Transform matrix inside list doesn't seems to be a problem (my bad, it is handled)  :)

blender268_6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I got it. But it was not some state lost somwhere. It(s a bit more difficult to fix.

In fact, when choosing File|User Preference, you open a new window. A real window, but for Blender to work with glshim, I have to use FrameBuffer rendering. And 2 windows using same FB is not good! Thus the effect... :(

Not easy to fix.

The good news, is, it's also available from the "bottom menu", where you can change the current window function (Blender GUI is one of a kind, really!).

post-5182-0-42055100-1395350085.png

Now, I also fixed a last crash on the glDrawBitmap (yes, classic missing "=" in "x>=viewport.width", valid coordinate are 0<=x<viewport.width)...

The Mouse Cursor is from X11, so it is fighting with GL and provoques some artefacts...

Also, in the screenshot, you can see the lighted spheres to show the direction of the light are not shown (why? no idea!).

But it seems useable. May be I will put some beta here for early tests

blender268_8.png

Ok, here is an early beta of Blender, if anyone wants to giveit a try (dont use File|User Preference, and yes, mouse flickers).

*EDIT* File removed, a newer one is available a post down...

How fast is it?

Keep in mind the bitmap state doesn't render until right before you swap buffers, so you might run into Z order issues if bitmaps and polygons overlap.

You'll probably need to hide the X mouse cursor and render it yourself in GL if you want to avoid flickering in framebuffer mode. That's something I'd consider adding into glshim itself, or a companion utility library.

Maybe you could modify blender to use an internal windowing system for secondary windows, and just assume fullscreen.

If you can click everywhere without problems (including the 3d scene), it probably doesn't use GL_SELECT.

I highly recommend PVRTrace if you want to debug complicated OpenGL state bugs :)

How fast is it?

Keep in mind the bitmap state doesn't render until right before you swap buffers, so you might run into Z order issues if bitmaps and polygons overlap.

You'll probably need to hide the X mouse cursor and render it yourself in GL if you want to avoid flickering in framebuffer mode. That's something I'd consider adding into glshim itself, or a companion utility library.

Maybe you could modify blender to use an internal windowing system for secondary windows, and just assume fullscreen.

If you can click everywhere without problems (including the 3d scene), it probably doesn't use GL_SELECT.

I highly recommend PVRTrace if you want to debug complicated OpenGL state bugs :)
The speed is correct. Look usable to me for simple model.

About the mouse, yes, I see no other choice. But I don't really see how to do that inside glshim, so I will try in blender itself.

For the windows, yes, but not easy. I have dig in the code more.

About GL_SELECT I don't know. I have to check more, I am not fluent in blender.

New beta here:blender.pnd

Not much improvement. I fixed a couple of bugs, the most visible one is that the icons are not upside down anymore (my fault).

The mouse still flicker. I tried to make it aa glTexture, but the way Blender update his screen make this difficult to do, and need many hack in many place. So I stopped hacking everywhere.

Also, multiple windows are still not supported and it will go berzerk if you go to File|User preferences.

The main issue is the GL_SELECT. It does use it for the 3D View selection. In the current build, without this function, you cannot select an object. You always have the last object selected (at the begginig, the cube is selected, if you add a sphere, it is selected now, and I have found no way to select back the cube).

So without this functions, I see no point of finetuning the build of blender. I'll continue to work on glshim a bit first.

Attachments

• blender.pnd
    69.9 MB · Views: 188
Valve's layer is incomplete and rather specific to the needs of their Source engine, it's not really useful. Additionally, in its current state you need some OpenGL 3 stuff to use it that surely isn't available.

I'm interested to know if Valve's DirectX -> OpenGL thing would work on the Pandora
No.
Give me a couple of years :)
Work harder you slacker ;)

No but seriously, glshim is so important, I reckon you should get some sponsorship or kickstarter so you can do more work on it,

while living in luxury sipping cocktails surrounded by beautiful women etc.

Valve's layer is incomplete and rather specific to the needs of their Source engine, it's not really useful. Additionally, in its current state you need some OpenGL 3 stuff to use it that surely isn't available.
Okay, but I guess it might be a good start.

Nice that Valve released it under the MIT license, too.

Winelib also has some DirectX -> GL stuff.

post-5182-0-14789900-1396703390.png

Using glshim.

There is some offset in the text button (may be it's the height of the screen, 480pixel is not enough and it's assuming 600pix).Edit: no, it because I force fullscreen? Got to fix that before release.

Hopefully coming soon in the repo.

MARS.png

So, I have continued to work on/with glshim.

Still no GL_SELECT for blender, but I tried another games (many in fact, but at least, one I can show now):

post-5182-0-60459100-1397508249.png

It works, but I still have work with control schemes, to free Pandora buttons from their current function so they are free for driving function (currently, they are used for Camera commands), add support to Nubs (in dual-mode, à la Gran Turrismo) and other things. Only graphical issue so far is the Minimap, that just show a big blue square. Probably some Render To Texture (like with SuperTuxKart).

*But*

The framerates are barelly playable. With some tweaking (that I will make default) on the Textures detail and LOD (Level of Detail), I can have playable playrate in Practice in most circuit (playable = 10 to 20 fps). But in race with other A.I., it 's under 10fps, making the game difficult to play. Plus, some circuit are more graphicaly intensive than other (like monza)...

I'll try to improve things, but there is nothing that seems to eat all the cycle in perf mon, so it's just a bit too heavy for the Pandora. But Practive is playable, so I will release it anyway :)

post-5182-0-90650700-1397508457.png

Not ready yet for the repo, but probably by the end of the week or something like that ;)

preview4.png

preview7.png

Back