Pandora Are you an active developer on Pandora?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
A simple question just to get a sense of who is still actively developing for Pandora at this point in time.

Just say "yes" if you are !

Please add your specialties as well, such as which languages you are familiar with, and maybe your current work in progress.

The point is to better know the network of developers around here so we can have an idea on who to reach for questions.

As for me:

Active, yes, and I'm familiar with Python / PyGame / PyGtk / Cairo, while an expert at none of these. I know a bit of C as well but I have never done anything serious with it.

Allright, I leave the rest of the thread to you guys!

I am a porter and can handle compiling and little fixes in code to make it work. Also pndpackaging. I have ported some apps from gl to gles and did some minor c and c++ to integrate features into games.

But I am no coder in any way, as I never have written a complete program myself except for some textadventures with gwbasic in the nineties.

Also I can do some batchscripting.

Well, I'm going to be honest: I'm not "active", mostly because I spend too much time on this forum and can rarely find a time to sit down and code, but I'm trying to develop. I'm working on an individual game project (codename NALC) and I'm also trying to figure out how to port AssaultCube and Njam.

Yes.

I use GLBasic. I specialize in puzzle games but do venture into other territories.

Currently working on -

- Dino Defense

- An as yet unnamed MahJong game

- MazezaM port

Released [EDIT] on Pandora -

- MinedOut!

- Flashlight app (nobody actually noticed though)

- Dicey

- Dino Defese (WIP)

Planned future releases -

- B'lox!

- Guru Logic Champs

- Balloonacy

- Drench

- Hogger

- Puzzled

- Hooizit?

- Cat Trap

- CodeCrack

- Ootopia

- BattleCards

- Battlegrounds

- AutoMania/SantaMania

- RockRush

- to name just a few... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes - when I get time.

Languages

• C
  • C++
  • x86 Assembler (Intel PC's)
  • BASIC (several varieties)
  • VB.NET
  • C#
  • PHP
  • Java

Releases

• KeePass X [port] (Pandora)
  • GoatTracker [port] (Pandora)
  • CyRacer3D (Pandora)
  • MiniMenu (Pandora, Unofficial mod implementing WiFi support)
  • USB Mass Storage Plugin for Slaeshjag's Config Button (Pandora)
  • Freecell (Windows Mobile (CF.NET) + Pandora (Qt))
  • The Collector (Windows)
  • Just Another Ninja Engine (Windows, Last Ninja remake)
  • Tide Clock (Android, no public release ATM)

Work In Progress

• Werewolves of London (Windows, Remake - waiting game data (map+gfx) from my partner and final bug tests)
  • Pandora Community Game (Pandora)
  • Alarm Clock (Pandora)

Libraries I have used

• SDL
  • SDL_ttf
  • SDL_image
  • SDL_gfx
  • BASS (audio library)
  • Allegro (v4 & v5)
  • Sparrow3D
  • .NET/Mono
  • Qt

Meh. I hack on Pandora on occasion. I've mostly done/assisted with ports and such. I wish I had more time for Pandora only stuff, but right now all my effort is on the mainstream mobile platforms, iOS/Android.

I'd love to get MOAI built on Pandora. That would kick ass.

Yes. Most languages. Haven't done any original releases mostly due to time, but plenty of ports pending or finished.

Somewhat.

Did some stuff you could call porting. Nothing on the repo or in PND format though. But I am willing to do some stuff should a situation occur.

I am familiar with C++ (mostly Database and Crypto stuff), can read and write C if I must, have some experience with Python (and pyGame to an extent), am employed mainly as a PHP developer (but don't expect any excitement about coding PHP stuff) and am able to understand bash/lua/js scripts. Not Perl, I hate Perl :p .

I always wanted to code a simple game but I tend to get stuck with and design decisions and being strict about error handling.

But I'll continue trying to \o/

Yup.

Several ports, a couple of original titles, 2 games engines and I'm mainly a c++/SDL type of guy.

I want to move onto 3D projects but I keep having interesting ideas in 2D stuff and barely enough time to progress them.

I have some ideas in the wings I hope to release one day. for instance, I would love to be able to finish PirateBaby... the demo is very limited and I have many more ideas for it.

Also know some GL/GL ES. Never really got around to GL(ES)2

Poorly skilled in C.

Modest skills in SDL.

Quite descent in OpenGL(ES).

Useless at compiling and such technicalities.

Active project for Pandora: a Phantasy Star Online clone as of yet unnamed. Current target for release before Christmas (2012).

Also have 2 more ideas for 2 other 3D games I might want to make for Pandora.

Well i'm active but i'm not a programmer. I like to port software.

I have only limited knowledge (and skills...) and i tend to learn from others code.

In some way i could understand how to make changes (enough to run on Pandora) to programs written in languages like C and Pascal (SDL and a little of GLES) , and a little of Python+Pygame....i like experimenting with the code....this is my hobby.

In my free time i have managed to compile and build about 12 PND for Pandora:

Komi (C+SDL)

Insanerz Shooter (C+SDL)

Mortimer the Lepidopterist (Python+Pygame)

Head Over Heels ( Allegro )

The Last Mission (C+SDL)

Bermuda Syndrome (C+SDL)

Wizznic (C+SDL)

Fade to Black (C+SDL+GLES)

Node Reviver (Python+Pygame)

PyWright (Python+Pygame)

I'm working on other projects...but my free time.... :(

I'm a programmer with no time to do anything big.. I'm a bit rusty in C/C++ since I've only had a few projects involving those languages. At work most of my programming is boring server side data gathering scripts, applications that convert raw data into something readable and web applications that act as front end. Since most of my work involves constant tweaking of the code I tend to use interpreted programming languages.

I'd would love to dig into learning more about SDL and GL to GLES conversions. well, getting back into C/C++ in general. However work drains me and I only seem to have enough time to do quick ports..

http://repo.openpand...=TrashyMG&s=new

Thank you for all the answers - there seems to be a wide range of skills here - there's probably a few more people who havent answered yet.

Is anyone actually interested in developing the OS on pandora? If anything there's quite the shortage of hands and brains on that -_-

(but more homebrew is of course nice as well :rolleyes: )

Back