Appstore Look

borgqueenx said:
Jonttu said:
I hope I'm not too late to submit my idea. Been bust this week, so this is my WIP
nice image posted
also a great theme :) but i think that one will also be hard to code in html/php/more.
damn dawg you were really gunnin for that thousandth post ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Consequence9 said:
borgqueenx said:
Jonttu said:
I hope I'm not too late to submit my idea. Been bust this week, so this is my WIP
nice image posted
also a great theme :) but i think that one will also be hard to code in html/php/more.
damn dawg you were really gunnin for that thousandth post ;P
actually im gunnin for my 2000th post :p

I wonder why so many miss the painfully obvious?

"App Store" is the same thing as "A repository in which you may charge for the packages".

So, App Store ~= Repository

Now what do we know works great with packaging and repositories? That's right, apt/yum and their frontends (synaptic et all).

apt/etc work great with a central storage device, but the pandora apps will often be placed on an SD-card. We will probably have a repository for important packages that need regular updates, but the appstore is for games and apps that are not that critical.

IMO, the left navigation bar should stay on the screen and not scroll down with the right list. It should probably scroll independently or not at all. Initial navigation options should be the usual "newest", "top rated", "most downloaded", "by alphabet", "by category", and "search". On the right, you get a long, finger scrollable list, from which you can get to the details page for each entry.

conso said:
I wonder why so many miss the painfully obvious?

"App Store" is the same thing as "A repository in which you may charge for the packages".

So, App Store ~= Repository

Now what do we know works great with packaging and repositories? That's right, apt/yum and their frontends (synaptic et all).

apt/etc work great with a central storage device, but the pandora apps will often be placed on an SD-card. We will probably have a repository for important packages that need regular updates, but the appstore is for games and apps that are not that critical.

My point was, stop thinking "app store" and start thinking "repository". Whether the packages have dependencies or not or what the client does after the download is irrelevant. It's just implementation details.

I'd much rather see a generic store app in which I could add a list of repositories than yet-another-appstore. Because, let's face it. There's Steam, iTunes, Gog, and a whole bunch of other stores that does *the exact same thing*. And I'm frankly getting tired at seeing everyone reinvent the wheel all the time. No offense to the Pandora devs of course. :)

A store is a repository. You just pay for (some of) the packages instead of getting 'em for free. The sooner people start thinking this way, the better IMO.

socket said:
I haven't read every single post here, but how about doing 2 versions of the styles, one for mobile, one for desktop.

It's mainly about width. And pages designed for a 800 pixels wide screen will display perfectly fine on pretty much any non-ancient desktop pc.

thought the point of this was to make a pandora specific application/download store.. not desktop.. not mobile... just pandora. in a webbrowser.
i updated my html based design concept for the shop. same link as before just started on the lists for the catagories. and added pages. content will be coming. http://www.trevsweb.com/pandainterface/demo1/

craigix said:
Travis you can get away with a width of 250 on the left for the buttons. Gives more space on the right.

*strangles craig for getting name wrong again* :p Trevor
yea i thought that too now i see it on the screen

Trevsweb said:
craigix said:
Travis you can get away with a width of 250 on the left for the buttons. Gives more space on the right.

*strangles craig for getting name wrong again* :p Trevor
yea i thought that too now i see it on the screen

I guess people keep calling you Travis because your handle sounds like "Travisweb" when spoken. Of course it's obvious you mean Trevor when one stops to think about it, but I parsed Travis the first time as well :) Just think of it as us thinking you're like Travis Touchdown :p

Vlynndar said:
It's mainly about width. And pages designed for a 800 pixels wide screen will display perfectly fine on pretty much any non-ancient desktop pc.

Sure, I guess... I just think the Pandora's screen is mighty small for some of these designs. Hey, I hope I'm wrong! And that might not look so great as I use dual monitors at 1680x1050.

Trevsweb said:
thought the point of this was to make a pandora specific application/download store.. not desktop.. not mobile... just pandora. in a webbrowser.

Well it seems like the point is to make it available from any browser:

craigix said:
You will be able to grab anything you want from it. Someone may well make one for the Pandora, but right now, it is html based so you can access it from any machine inc. the Pandora.

Trevsweb said:
borgqueenx said:
Trevsweb said:
..i dont know who that is.... lol
here it is: http://images1.wikia...weather2155.jpg

lol not even close... thats just random travii there borg*cough post whore* lol
anyway back to the topic please no more travis barkers or travis the band or any other travis that comes up on google images :p
when i hear travis, i think of star trek :D

travis travis travis

Back