Issue With The Appstore When Running From A Pandora

Pleng

When accessing the appstore from my Pandora (how surreal does THAT sound?!) the tabs down the side, aside from the selected one, appear blank. You can still click them to change categories etc, but you can't actually SEE them.

Gratz man! but maybe this thread http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53170-appstore-testing-again/ would be enough for your complaint instead of starting a new one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about the move to chrome.

I was aware the the alt browser could be used, I just didn't know if the team new that it didn't work on the default browser.

It's faster and lighter than your favourite browser, doesn't take much screen space, 'just works', looks elegant and features extensions. Seriously i can't see what people have against Chrome.

I remember when chrome browser came out I was reading some people on some site not happy with the t&c, mainly a clause that gave google rights to anything you upload via chrome like photos/videos - besides that though I've only heard good things about it

Edit: I'm guessing linux chromium is google chrome browser, just Linux version. If not my above post is void and I was talking about the google chrome browser

Fzero said:
I remember when chrome browser came out I was reading some people on some site not happy with the t&c, mainly a clause that gave google rights to anything you upload via chrome like photos/videos - besides that though I've only heard good things about it

Edit: I'm guessing linux chromium is google chrome browser, just Linux version. If not my above post is void and I was talking about the google chrome browser

Nope. You can get both Chrome and Chromium for Linux. Google Chrome is built from Chromium, which is an open source project.

When I open the 'about' option in Chromium it says 'Copyright The Chromium Authors' whereas in Google Chrome it says 'Copyright Google Inc'.

They're basically the same program though.

Fzero said:

Yeah, that actually was a clause in their t&c, but a lot of people reported this and they removed it saying they were just copying a template document they use for most of their products.

Cheers SomeGuy99, chromium on my pandora it is then, the thing I like about chrome when I've seen it is it looks like you have more window and less waste up top in form of menus and toolbars, which is good for a smaller pandora screen also

Fzero said:
That was a misunderstanding, as far as I recall. There's a thing called Google Gallery which works directly with Chrome, and by using this Gallery you are giving them rights to use your photos. It doesn't expand to everything else you upload with Chrome, just things put to this gallery. It's basically the same clause a lot of other picture hosting sites has (or had, at least. They may have all changed), the only difference in this case is that picture site is specifically linked to Chrome.

So the only real difference between them is one feeds google all kinds of statistics and the other doesn't? Will I be able to install Google Chrome instead of Chromium?

Fzero said:
Cheers SomeGuy99, chromium on my pandora it is then, the thing I like about chrome when I've seen it is it looks like you have more window and less waste up top in form of menus and toolbars, which is good for a smaller pandora screen also

I'm always discovering neat little UI features in Chrome/Chromium; for example, yesterday I accidentally discovered you can flick between tabs using the scroll wheel! Just hover your mouse over a tab and roll the wheel, you'll see!

HackModford said:
So the only real difference between them is one feeds google all kinds of statistics and the other doesn't? Will I be able to install Google Chrome instead of Chromium?

I'm gonna go out of my way to defend Google here:

You know how in most programs the 'Send us all your usage statistics! Muhahahaa!' option is usually checked, and you have to uncheck it? Google Chrome is the opposite.

So it's actually opt-in and not opt-out. And it even asks you on the first usage if you want Google to be the default search engine. How much more reasonable can you get? You can't fault them on this.

Is there a firefox variant ready to go?

I can hardly breath on the net without Adblock+.

Back