Favicon Appstore

emcp

Would it be possible to get a Favicon for the appstore
either the one on open-pandora.org or a slightly modified version (Maybe a red version etc)

Basically The make an application shortcut on chromium, would be a good idea
Problem is (on windows atleast) everytime you visit the site via the shortcut, it updates its desktop icon again to the favicon,
even if you explicitly change it

Thanks

i'll make one tommorrow but not sure when it'll be added the C man is v busy :S

mods can this be merged with the appstore beta topic plz :D xx

Adding a desktop icon for a website would require some hackery (if you want it to work with Fennec, Firefox or Chrome from PND).

Very easy if you want to use Midori or Arora though.

SomeGuy99 said:
Adding a desktop icon for a website would require some hackery (if you want it to work with Fennec, Firefox or Chrome from PND).

Very easy if you want to use Midori or Arora though.

Chrome has a feature which does it automatically, its not a pnd but just a file (im not sure how the pandoras filesystem works, and how apps are loading what from where)

For chrome its a simple click
For firefox you could probably just make a shortcut, or maybe some extension and linux equivalent of flags (i think thats what you call them in windows, you know the thing you type into the Target box)

Also chrome has a good chance of becoming default (hopefully angstrom gets chrome 5 update)

Thanks trev, just something simple (try to make it look plain so it adapts to other themes/color schemes)

A BASH FILE IM SURE SHOULD BE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF DOING THE JOB

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:
not much trickery though; youre up to the task!

jeffphone

I found a clue. :)

Edit: Okay I added -a " http://www.google.com" to both the Chromium and Firefox launchers, and nothing.

Will give this another look tommorow :)

Hmmmmm
create-application-shorcut.png

prism-menu.png

From what i heard those are the only two browser which work well, and which people want, so the features are there, just need an icon/favicon (for chrome)
Thanks Xweb for prism link

emcp said:
Hmmmmm
create-application-shorcut.png

prism-menu.png

From what i heard those are the only two browser which work well, and which people want, so the features are there, just need an icon/favicon (for chrome)
Thanks Xweb for prism link

Doesn't work. It's because they're not natively installed. Also, the Firefox PND doesn't have that option.

Back