Issue With The Appstore When Running From A Pandora

VRAndy said:
Is there a firefox variant ready to go?

I can hardly breath on the net without Adblock+.

There is AdBlock for Chrome and Midori comes with AdBlock already included.

Last edited by a moderator:
VRAndy said:

Well, if you do end up stuck with Chrome, you can try this:

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

VRAndy said:

It appears that there is an Ablock-alike extension for Chromium now.

Ahah. Awesome. I was under the mistaken impression that ad-blocking plug-ins were not possible for chrome-based web-browers.

Thanks.

As of right now... (as far as I understand) you can't technically block the ad from loading but you can block it from being displayed.

WizardStan that makes sense as to why google had them t&c then, cheers

how does pandora manage zooming?
On the old iPhone you double-tap on a section of webpage and it zooms in on it, can pandora do that, is it a browser feature, if so is it in chromium?
I'm so used the iPhone browser just zooming in and out with the taps

on my netbook I use firefox, shift+scrollwheel allow me to zoom in/out
would pandora and chromium use some kboard shortcut like that to zoom page?

grasshoppir said:
i use chrome but i hate its chrome. luckily you can turn the title bar off, now it's pretty seamless with my wm.

That's pretty ironic when you consider that Chrome was ironically called Chrome because of the chrome in other browsers.

Sorry for that awful sentence!

Did you use Midori?
It has some flaws - try Arora (also included in the firmware).
Does a way better job for me :)

VRAndy said:

ABP is nice, but I want firefox so that I have link search. I swear, Chromium is always missing vital features. (Originally it didn't even have a full screen mode, and now they still haven't implemented link search) I Will probably install the vimperator extension for FF, and change the config to work with the Pandora's controls.

-God Ginrai

mindlord said:
I'm not sure if I'm happy about this...
/me installs the latest chrome

Why not dude. if you don't like it just install another one :) , just because it will be the default browser doesn't mean you have to use it :) Chrome is excellent I use it for windows. I don't think it supports RSS feed ATM though

mvickers03 said:
mindlord said:
I'm not sure if I'm happy about this...
/me installs the latest chrome

Why not dude. if you don't like it just install another one :) , just because it will be the default browser doesn't mean you have to use it :) Chrome is excellent I use it for windows. I don't think it supports RSS feed ATM though

There's a plugin for that.

Actually there does seem to be a problem with app store Midori doesn't display images correctly

Arora displays fine but but when I click on something to download, the download manager pops up and it says network error ration cancelled,

Is Chromium available to download yet?

SomeGuy99 said:
That's pretty ironic when you consider that Chrome was ironically called Chrome because of the chrome in other browsers.
:angry:

I'm a little confused, are we talking about the OS or web browser?, also is Pandora getting the google-infected Chrome or the open source Chromium? If it's the google-infected Chrome will I be able to delete it from my Pandora?

It's Chromium.

Best browser I've ever used on Linux. Certainly the least crash prone out of all of them.

HackModford said:
As of right now... (as far as I understand) you can't technically block the ad from loading but you can block it from being displayed.

That's interesting. I use adblock in Chrome, and it's definitely been my impression that performance takes a hit when advertising heavy pages are open, which would be consistent with your understanding.

But! I recently installed flashblock as well, and it certainly seems as if embedded flash does not load at all unless I click its containing element, which makes things noticeably zippier.

I use Google Chrome in Ubuntu and love it. Other browsers look way too cluttered for me now.

Back