Apple: Steve Jobs and the greatest company ever created

Quote said:
I like Tesla, too. I think many people now appreciate him more than they di for many decades. My favorite businessman is probably Howard Hughes, but I haven't looked much into him as a businessman. I think it would have been interesting to ride along with Hughes.
Then you may also like Tony Stark. ;)  I would buy Stark Industries Shares for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing is I like the old school apple. I just hate the modern day apple with a burning passion.  For the political comments... both sides here in the US aren't good. They're both to blame for the issues at hand because if you actually FOLLOW the voting records you'll see them both agree on stuff that gives them power while shafting the little man. They like to bring up social issues to hide the main ones and create a divide that keeps us all apart from each other. (Reason why they're beating the racial tension drum hardcore in the US right now.) Political instability and rivalry means people only look at the president and ignore the other branches of the house. They pass bills daily that are from each other and even write bills. I've seen them take a bill from the republicans Veto it.. then the democrats take the same bill slap a different title on it and then it passes.(they also sneak on crap that isn't part of the bill to help other bills.. If you go through obamacare's over 3k pages theres stuff in there that has NOTHING to with healthcare but everything to do with political kick backs)

Also Fox news and CNN are just party based propaganda. Its the most brain numbing crap on the face of the earth.  I remember in 2008 when the housing market exploded were they covering that... Nope on Fox they had a clown on air showing how you make balloon animals and CNN had a person crying about global warming and tree frogs....

I got other stories about Mn politics including how one of our friends had an assassination attempt on her life, and how there was place called the death house in st.paul where they killed people who got in their way....  <_<

Quote said:
I like Tesla, too. I think many people now appreciate him more than they di for many decades. My favorite businessman is probably Howard Hughes, but I haven't looked much into him as a businessman. I think it would have been interesting to ride along with Hughes.
Then you may also like Tony Stark.

;)  I would buy Stark Industries Shares for sure.

Yes, seems like an interesting (and fun) person, but he is a fictional character.  There are many fictional ones that I like (Bruce Wayne, David Xanatos, etc.), however I also like "evil" fictional corporations (Weyland-Yutani, Blue Sun) and people (Montgomery Burns, etc.) as characters of sorts that I would hate if they were real.

For the political comments... both sides here in the US aren't good. They're both to blame for the issues at hand
(...)

Also Fox news and CNN are just party based propaganda. Its the most brain numbing crap on the face of the earth.  I remember in 2008 when the housing market exploded were they covering that... Nope on Fox they had a clown on air showing how you make balloon animals and CNN had a person crying about global warming and tree frogs....

I agree with these.  I think global warming and tree frogs are significantly more important than human financial issues...

They praise Jobs, but completely miss that without Woz and the others that actually made the company and early products.  All Jobs did was (rip off those with with the ideas or that could actually do, and) sell people on his vision for the things.  Yes, that is an oversimplification.  No, I don't care, I don't think he was as important as many think, and definitely not for things I seek out and use.

So basically what you are saying is that Steve Jobs was the Craigix of Apple? ;)

-Neelix

They praise Jobs, but completely miss that without Woz and the others that actually made the company and early products.  All Jobs did was (rip off those with with the ideas or that could actually do, and) sell people on his vision for the things.  Yes, that is an oversimplification.  No, I don't care, I don't think he was as important as many think, and definitely not for things I seek out and use.

So basically what you are saying is that Steve Jobs was the Craigix of Apple?

;)

-Neelix
I will let you decide.  It may take a certain type of person to get these things to market and, particularly with Apple, bring out the appeal of things for the masses, but I don't personally think so.  For those that want to move a lot of units and make tons of money those people probably help (maybe not everyone, but themselves at least, and that seems to be the case of bothe people you mentioned).  We may not have the great things we have now in the way that we have them without Jobs and those like him back in the 70s and 80s, but do we really need it.  Do people need smartphones?  Sure, they like them, but they are a worse distraction than the things that came before them with only a little real added value.  Most people also don't need tablets, and many don't need their own personal computer.  A home computer is plenty for most people.  Another problem is these things aren't made to last anymore, and also the waste.

To reel myself back in from that tangent, I like nerdy little things that may not appeal to most people.  It would be nice if the skilled nerdy types didn't get screwed over and they got the credit, yet, in this time when nerds are supposedly praised, the attention really goes to the rock star/salesman types most of the time because they know how to tell a good story, but behind the scenes thing probably aren't as they appear.

I have been sucking at typing today...I never finished the first sentence in that quote.  It should finish with "there would be no Apple".  Edit: and a double "with" in that quote, possibly due to issues with the box thing we type in I don't remember the name of.  My text sometimes goes beyond the edge of the box, so I miss things more often now.

They praise Jobs, but completely miss that without Woz and the others that actually made the company and early products.... there would be no Apple
I daresay that's true,  but by the same token I think it would also be true to say that without Steve Jobs there would also be no Apple.  Just like without Craigix there would be no Pandora. 

Credit where credit is due works both ways.   Jobs had a role to play,  and it was an important role.  That does not diminish the contributions of the others who were involved,  nor should it diminish the credit given to them,  but he does still deserve the recognition for what he did do for the company just like everyone else.

-Neelix

They praise Jobs, but completely miss that without Woz and the others that actually made the company and early products.... there would be no Apple
I daresay that's true,  but by the same token I think it would also be true to say that without Steve Jobs there would also be no Apple.  Just like without Craigix there would be no Pandora. 

Credit where credit is due works both ways.   Jobs had a role to play,  and it was an important role.  That does not diminish the contributions of the others who were involved,  nor should it diminish the credit given to them,  but he does still deserve the recognition for what he did do for the company just like everyone else.

-Neelix

I can't say I agree with there not being a company like Apple (perhaps a different name or something).  Remember, their first computer was for hobbyists.  It may have died long ago, without Jobs, but I don't doubt Woz wouldn't have still made something.  Also, remember the II series.  Jobs tried to kill it so that Macs would be the focus, yet the IIs kept Apple alive until the Macs could hold their own.  Oh, yeah, Jobs did kill the III series by not allowing fans.

Maybe he did do some "good" things.  I still don't like him, and couldn't stand what he was doing.  I think he did far too much damage to be praised as he is.

A Little Richard video led me to  Woz on Jobs and "Jobs" from a couple years ago.  It seems he disagrees with me, stating that it couldn't have happened without Jobs.  I am guessing he means the money and level of success, because he already had computers in the hands of others.  I was unaware that the Apple I predated him meeting Jobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ciNXc_4OQ

How do I embed youtube videos now?

A Little Richard video led me to  Woz on Jobs and "Jobs" from a couple years ago.  It seems he disagrees with me, stating that it couldn't have happened without Jobs.  I am guessing he means the money and level of success, because he already had computers in the hands of others.  I was unaware that the Apple I predated him meeting Jobs.

I'm pretty sure he means the company itself.   He had designed the Apple 1 by himself as a hobbyist, then he and Jobs started Apple Computer in order sell it commercially.

How do I embed youtube videos now?

Click Insert other media -> Insert image from URL

-Neelix

I'm pretty sure he means the company itself.   He had designed the Apple 1 by himself as a hobbyist, then he and Jobs started Apple Computer in order sell it commercially.
I meant he meant the level of success and making money from the computers he would have been working on anyway (I was focusing on Jobs not really offering much on the technical side back then, other than ruining otherwise great machines).  In other words, commercializing the idea and making the company.  All I was doing is acknowledging that he feels, or felt, different than I do about Jobs, and sees it as you and many others do.  Since he kept getting interrupted there may have been a lot more interesting info we missed out on, but it seems the people behind the show were only looking for controversial stuff (too bad for them that Woz wouldn't play their game).

Back