Apple CEO Steve Jobs has resigned

I just hope they fix their quality-control issues, such as the bottoms falling off of the Unibody computers under very light usage, and the ever-problematic headphone jacks on their media players. :p (It is something I find off-putting.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if while he dying he will think about all the people who died or committed suicide while working on his slave labour production lines?

I hope so. I hope they haunt him to the very end.

1) Foxconn manufactures for most of the big tech names, and they are all equally to blame.

2) Don't you own a mac of some description? And an iPhone? Aren't you thus supporting Apple's practices?

not if the share value drops as so does the companies bank balance :p

I don't think Apples bank balance is going to be in big trouble for a long time....

If you have followed the coverage of this in publications like Private Eye you will know Apples involvement is far deeper than most companies and

Apple actively press these Chinese companies to lower their prices by making sure everything is supplied to them - apart from labour, so the only

price bargaining IS labour.

It is very different to another company using a Chinese manufacturer in a turn key fashion.

Owning an Apple product does not bar you from criticising them in any way, although I've only ever bought Apple products second hand from Ebay.

SIGH............

This is why I hate when ever people mention Apple. Even with a innocent topic like this, somebody has to ruin it, because that's just the way it is.

This thread is for people to elaborate and discuss Steve Jobs's resignation, not for people to leach out causing stupid avoidable arguments. Please, just stop it here. Its not worth it. It is COMPLETELY unnecessary.

I don't think anyone is really feverishly arguing. Like you say; the subject of Apple invokes this nonsense.

I wouldn't fret too much about the direction of threads in Off-topic ;) As long as nobody gets unnecessarily nasty.

We all knew Jobs' resignation was coming, and it's well timed. Apple will recover from the temporary panic stock drops, and the people at Apple who are really responsible for its success will continue on as they always have; perhaps the better for it, considering the quite draconian nature of Steve's rule.

I, for one, would like to see a new charismatic figure step up to deliver keynotes. Steve gave a recognisable face to Apple, which they'll now lose. Perhaps a loveable puppy, a penguin or some sort of cuddly bear could gush excitedly about new product releases.

Perhaps Apple's tablets will finally get some SD card slots and USB ports. Ho ho ho!

Well this is kind of disappointing. With a 5% after market drop, I expected it to cut even further when the market finally opened. What's this spike and stable recovery I'm seeing? Is that optimism? Stop it! I can't make ridiculous money if there's no fear and panic!

Well this is kind of disappointing. With a 5% after market drop, I expected it to cut even further when the market finally opened. What's this spike and stable recovery I'm seeing? Is that optimism? Stop it! I can't make ridiculous money if there's no fear and panic!

It was not their marketing department who resigned.

It was not their marketing department who resigned.

they have something else than a marketing department?

oups, you're right, they also have a patent department and a lawyer department...

Can't it be cool to bash some other company now? I'm growing somewhat weary of the baseless Apple knocks. Yes they work China to death and see competition like some virus which should be eliminated... but iPads are shiny, goddamnit. SHINY!

Christ, the BBC are all over Jobs as if god himself had died, not a word of criticism will be heard!

I'm sure when the iPhone5 launches it will be the first phone to have everything it has ... apart from the Android phones which don't count in BBC land.

It will also be the number one story on the BBC website.

How do Apples marketing department do it?

Oh yes, I forgot, they give huge discounts to journalists.

apart from the Android phones which don't count in BBC land.

Or any other land, what's an Android, anyway? Never 'erd of 'em.

I saw an article today touting that the next spout of Windows Mobile phones would have front-facing cameras! AMAGOSH!

Why the hell can't anyone entering the market (yes, Apple too!) produce a well-rounded product from the outset? All this holding features back bollocks smacks of an underhanded sales strategy.

As an Apple fanboi, it annoys even me just how much of this Apple-focussed spiel makes it into journalism. My RSS feed today was just a solid wall of "Steve Jobs." Gah!

But credit where credit is due, Apple are doing something right. As annoying as their insistence on dancing nude in front of the public eye, waving their hands around, and screaming "I'M HERE LOOK AT ME AYYAYAYAYA" might be... it does them plenty of favours.

Why the hell can't anyone entering the market (yes, Apple too!) produce a well-rounded product from the outset?
Risk and market, mostly, plus some development costs. Adding a camera almost strictly for video calls is not cheap thing to do; they had to gauge whether people would actually use such a feature, if it would give them enough of an edge over the competition to warrant inclusion, and also research designs to bring the cost as low as possible. Much easier and safer to release a device they know they can build with the features they know people will use for a price people are willing to pay. Peoples' desires are also always changing: what is well-rounded now is severely lacking next year.

Back