Anyone Know Of 3darcade Frontend?

zaffercharles

Website
Visit site
There's a really smart frontend used for mame and consoles, I don't have a clue if it would always be too intensive for the gp2x, I suppose it might be - but I think it deserves mentioning because a lot of people here may be interested in it just for your pc emulator setup regardless.
It, aside from being able to run any emulator you insert into it in a clean and tidy way, also has a 3d 'virtual arcade' with customiseable layouts, rooms, coin-op cabinets for many specific games - everything. People have put much time and effort into making it a success (especially peter the creator) and if you have a fairly new pc the results can be fantastic.
It would be great to see (with permission, hes a nice guy) a 'lite' version of this, even just for the console emus without the 3d rooms interface and just the cycling machines interface if need be- what do people think?

Can't remember the address its on the other comp but google 3d arcade at mameworld.
And if you like what you find, how about showing some respect for pete- he and many others have been working on it for .- well AGES :p kudos

Bump. Anybody have anything to say about this? No?
just thought it beats scaremongering thats all. I might be mixed up but I seem to recall it running on linux.
Even a rant about how hopelessly ridiculous it is of me to expect anything of its kind on gp2x would be better than NOTHING -

Oh well B)

Even a rant about how hopelessly ridiculous it is of me to expect anything of its kind on gp2x would be better than NOTHING -

What you're asking is for one of the precious few qualified developers to take the time to write a program to render arcade cabinets in 3D on a low-resolution handheld system with no 3D hardware as a frontend for an emulator that doesn't yet exist. Please don't hold your breath in anticipation.

Snarky run-on sentences aside, I've tried 3d arcade, and it's nifty. If you only have a dozen or so roms that you play, it makes a nice interface for them. I'd recommend it to anybody with a MAME cabinet who wants a flashy interface. What I'd also recommend is waiting at least until there is a working port of MAME for the GP2X before requesting a flashy interface for it.

There's your rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

What you're asking is for one of the precious few qualified developers to take the time to write a program to render arcade cabinets in 3D on a low-resolution handheld system with no 3D hardware as a frontend for an emulator that doesn't yet exist. Please don't hold your breath in anticipation.

Snarky run-on sentences aside, I've tried 3d arcade, and it's nifty. If you only have a dozen or so roms that you play, it makes a nice interface for them. I'd recommend it to anybody with a MAME cabinet who wants a flashy interface. What I'd also recommend is waiting at least until there is a working port of MAME for the GP2X before requesting a flashy interface for it.

There's your rant.

Woohoo! thanks for answering! I just wanted a little feedback thats all. you know the cyclarcade bit then- and all the other non 3d parts, it would be nice to have a prog that launches whatever from a pretty looking menu or two, it doesnt have to be just for mame and arcades.
Yes I admit its amazingly premature to talk about this sort of thing but as I said before, it beats scaremongering and pointless speculative criticism of the thing :) and on that matter half the posts here are premature ;)
It's not so much a request, just a little debate on what it might be able to handle at some point from people who know more than I about the hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back