Any Gp32 Users In Brighton, Uk?

Grebn

Hiya all,

I'm just wondering if there are any other GP32 owners in Brighton or East Sussex, UK that I can ponce games from.

Only kidding! But if there are any of you living around this way, do get in touch. We could arrange meetings and discuss merits. At the moment I keep getting children with Gameboys on buses asking me what I'm playing, and getting really interested when the obvious superiority is flouted for all to see. The last time it happened the mother of the infant was drawn into the conversation when I mentioned how much free stuff was available.

Get 'em while they're young! We need a new generation of developers.

Anyway, I'm going off topic here so feel free to flame me - basically, if any of you live within walking distance (I'll stretch to a bus) get in touch and we can sit in stony silence for an afternoon when we realise we have nothing else in common.

Paul

Hey dude, I'm from Brighton!

But I'm away travelling in Australia at the moment... Bad timing! There's a couple of gp32x'ers nearby, but not actually in Brighton. Maybe they will want to hook up..

btw, I wouldn't produce your GP32 on the late bus to Moulscombe or Whitehawk... unless you want to see what it looks like on the inside ;)

Excellent! I thought there'd be at least one!

Good advice re bus violence. I'll keep it under wraps on the 49 and the 1.

Shall we swap game recommendations? My current top 5 (in no particular order):

Zelda 2: Link To Time (SNES)
Double Dragon 2 (NES)
Doom 64 mod
Bubble Bobble (Master System)
Wonder Boy In Monster Land (GP Engine)

Pretty obvious bunch really - any obscure gems you could suggest?

Paul

I am from Brighton, though I'm at uni at the mo.

Hey, there are the same number of gp32 owners in Brighton as there are in Ohio!

Just out of interest what age are you two?

I'm 29. Do I have the distinction of being the oldest GP32 owner in Brighton?

If you come along to an Anal Beard gig you'll find us using Tobi Drummer in precisely two songs. I'm looking at ways to integrate the GP32 into our set as much as possible.

There should be more open source handheld technology in live music.

Hey Frolik and cOncept - we should meet up and agree with each other on all sorts of matters.

Paul

Nope, that'll be me by the looks of things. I'm 35. Is there a prize?

Also, am I the only other person actually in Brighton right now? :D

Where are you playing (as a band, not your GP32, well a bit maybe, whatever) ?

heh, I never noticed yours either!

Grebn, you from anal beard? I saw you play at the Marlborough a while ago - I actually came to see the Melon Farmers who're friends of mine (eon & lucy). That's just sick using tobi drummer :huh:

ah and I'm 27... but how many of you were actually born and bread (and buttered) in Brighton? :D

Actually I just rememberd a mate of mine (garth) think he used to be in your band... or am I trippin:confused:

Heyllo. No Edds? No people who know me? Matthew Giglio? Sigh.. I assumed you would be here. Sigh. Brighton was an ace place.. I live near the Hill with the park ontop. That is all.

Anal Beard play a kind of nobby carnival punk. Our website is www.analbeard.info - our next Brighton show is April 15th at The Freebutt so come down and we can congregate in the corner and 'get them out'! I warn you though, we're playing with a punk band called The Pork Dukes who are horrible in every way. Even the name's grim (actually, rereading that, I think pot, kettle and black spring to mind there :) )

The Melon Farmers are excellent - they played a great version of that Robert Palmer song as I remember.

Garth - is that the hairy fellow who drinks at the Evening Star a lot? He's in a band called Combat Shock.

Hey Frolik - I was born in Brighton as well! Where abouts did you grow up? I lived in Patcham till I was 18, and used to get Amstrad Action from the shop opposite Patchdene every month.

@PinkSpider whats his surname?

heh, funny. there are more people who own a gp32 in Brighton than there is in ohio!

I've never been able to find the freebutt, where abouts is it?

crazy! I grew up in Withdean for a time, and a bit in Saltdean but I know Patcham well as I have family there - in fact I lived there up until 6 months ago, right outside the coop above the pacham car sales place...

garth, yeah thats the one, I may have got some facts wrong but I thought there was a connection.

anyhoo I could be gone for a long time- I've been offered sponsorship for a permie visa so may end up staying in Oz longer, no idea yet, keep gigging and I might see u there one day

Frolik what part of Oz are you in?

I'm heading over there next summer to visit family for a few months hopefully.

[edit] Opposite St. Peters church on the Lewes road - just outside the entrance to the Phoenix brewery... mind you it's been many years since I went there...

right right, actually I've walked past it a few times :blink: Have any of you been into hectors house? That always looked a good pub.

Hehe - small world. We've probably passed each other in the Co-op. Hope that wasn't you sitting outside in the rain next to the cashpoint asking for money... ;)

When Hector's House was first opened, it was a non-alchoholic pub. Not sure if it still is...

c0ncept posted on Feb 18 2005 at 06:02 PM said:
@PinkSpider whats his surname?

heh, funny. there are more people who own a gp32 in Brighton than there is in ohio!

I've never been able to find the freebutt, where abouts is it?
I dont remember, I think it sounded like Crask (ive not been to Brighton in 12 or so years and the alcohol had taken its toll on my memory).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

I feel bad for starting this thread then sodding off! Hectors House WAS a non alcoholic pub for a while, it wa called The Norfolk NA and bombed. All the underage drinkers were at The Event. I think the Jesus Army Youth Club had nights there though.

Paul

Back