Any Gp32 Users In Brighton, Uk?

Grebn posted on Feb 21 2005 at 08:18 PM said:
Hectors House WAS a non alcoholic pub for a while, I think the Jesus Army Youth Club had nights there though.

*SHIVER*

well, I shan't be going in there then. Not that I would anyway, i prefer the seafront area for drinking! Hey anyone been to meltdown recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't live in Brighton but fairly near to it, in Worthing.

and I'm pretty sure my flat mate was once the bass player for Anal beard.....

Wish I'd seen this post sooner!

c0ncept posted on Feb 21 2005 at 09:44 AM said:
Frolik what part of Oz are you in?

I'm heading over there next summer to visit family for a few months hopefully.
I'm in Sydney right now, planning to do the tour after we've saved some cash to buy a van...

Gruntfuggly posted on Feb 21 2005 at 07:36 PM said:
Hehe - small world. We've probably passed each other in the Co-op. Hope that wasn't you sitting outside in the rain next to the cashpoint asking for money... ;)

When Hector's House was first opened, it was a non-alchoholic pub. Not sure if it still is...
Must have! hey those gypsies are my friends...!

Last time I went into Hectors house it was on a sunday arvo and it was absolutely bangin, seemed like folks were still high from the night before.. good if you're in the mood and don't mind the crusty scene.

Anyone been in a pub called the conqueror? off western road near preston street(ish), a friend of mine used to run the place and made it into a decent pub - used to be our regular haunt. I really miss it - Sydney just doesn't have the pub scene like Brighton..

PS. if you do visit, don't forget to buy a shot of becharovka. mmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Its weird, I've lived in Brighton since I was three and I assumed that all places were similar to Brighton. Then I went to university in Lincoln and traveled a little around the UK. I can honestly say I haven't found a place with a vibe even nearly as friendly.

I hate lincoln, I can't wait to go home :(

Hey ya,

I live near Brighton (Haywards Heath), although I am doing a contract in Reading till the end of July, but will be around afterwards im sure..

Also lived in Brighton for a while just down from the Sainsbury's on the Lewes Road - Brighton is definately a v.friendly place to be...

Tis a small world...

Im 24 by the way - GP32 Blu owned for about 6 months - and loving every minute of it!...

Cheers

Gig

Back