Wiz In The Uk

Last edited by a moderator:
If you follow this link, you can get a lot of money off a Wiz, from GBAx, the most reliable UK source for the Wiz
Are they currently in stock though?
I'm pretty sure they are, but don't quote me on that.
Welll I am still waiting for mine from there.
Got a message after ordering that it's not in stock but they expect sometime this week. (18/20th)

I've been waiting on my GBAX order for quite a while now, I ordered last month during the wiz drought, I'm still waiting.
I emailed over a week ago, and they said they'd have it in stock by yesterday, lol.

But they should have them in stock soon, I only wish they were offering the discount when I ordered!
At least I've got priority shipping...

woo hoo!

my wiz has arrived from jackofallgames just now - anyone else got theirs that they ordered the other day? good service, i might add...

Gah! Starting to wish I had ordered from Jack of all games now....
Been phoning GBAX and keeps going to answer phone, no call back.

Really wanted this for holiday on friday. :(

i should get mine today aswell from jackofallgames as i ordered sunday and it says shipped so fingers crossed i guess i took a good choice to order from there.

There are possible bad news coming over Play-Asia:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-...iz-70-2z59.html

(restock end of June / early July 2009)

Play-Asia is normally well informed...

Just got off the phone with GBAX and they say the same. Something about the Ram being upgraded so delaying orders.

Needed it for friday so stopped the order and picked up one from Jack of all games stock off eBay.
Curious about the new ram and would have waited but as I said, need it for hols.

damm so we all have a defected ram now or less ram no way whats going on man why do they need to change the ram i cant believe i havent even got mine yet any day now and its already abousolete hehe or old hardware.

damm so we all have a defected ram now or less ram no way whats going on man why do they need to change the ram i cant believe i havent even got mine yet any day now and its already abousolete hehe or old hardware.
I wouldn't assume anything mate.
Could be the ram in the older units is better quality and being replaced with cheaper ram to cut costs.
Like the older PS3s being better than the new ones because backwards compatibility was cut out to lower costs.

If it was a ram upgrade in terms of size there would have been some kind of announcement so retailers could change the spec sheets.
If there's a fault with the old ram then you've got the guarantee anyway.

Wouldn't sweat it!

[EDIT]
Add to all that I might have got the wrong end of the stick and talking out of my arse!

my wiz has arrived from jackofallgames just now - anyone else got theirs that they ordered the other day? good service, i might add...

yup, got mine too...

Jackofallgames wasn't the cheapest admittedly... but reliable service and paypal payment makes a winner for me.

GBAX.com just emailed me back, apparently Gamepark are flashing all new Wiz systems with the new firmware 1.1.0.
This also mean there's a delay for any sellers waiting for a new shipment, hooray...
"Middle to the end of next week" is when they're expecting the shipment.

i already flashed mine with v1.1.0 all working fine and have all mame roms working great wow

GBAX.com just emailed me back, apparently Gamepark are flashing all new Wiz systems with the new firmware 1.1.0.
This also mean there's a delay for any sellers waiting for a new shipment, hooray...
"Middle to the end of next week" is when they're expecting the shipment.
Ah maybe thats what the meant when I got told they're doing something to the ram....

ordered mine today from jack of all games....how long does delivery norm take?....also does anyone know were i can get her knights and the other game blood cross is it? um seeming all of u have ur wiz do u have a demo of her knights with the wiz?

ordered mine today from jack of all games....how long does delivery norm take?....also does anyone know were i can get her knights and the other game blood cross is it? um seeming all of u have ur wiz do u have a demo of her knights with the wiz?
u = you? ur = your? Don't be so lazy. ;)

If you log into Jackofallgames you can see the status of your order. once it says "shipped", 1-2 business days. In all 3-4 business days (after processing etc).
You don't get any demos of commercial games on it. And as for where to buy; PlayAsia (if they ever get any stock). However, all the vids and pics I've seen Don't have english text so that's a bit of a questionmark.

In the mean time... there're 2,216 MAME games, 785 SNES games, 1k+ Genesis games... etc. You'll find something to do till you can get hold of Her Knights. :D

If you log into Jackofallgames you can see the status of your order. once it says "shipped", 1-2 business days. In all 3-4 business days (after processing etc).
You don't get any demos of commercial games on it. And as for where to buy; PlayAsia (if they ever get any stock"]. However, all the vids and pics I've seen Don't have english text so that's a bit of a questionmark.

In the mean time... there're 2,216 MAME games, 785 SNES games, 1k+ Genesis games... etc. You'll find something to do till you can get hold of Her Knights. :D[/quote]
thanks...is the wiz any good then?....can u play day of the tentacle and sam and max on it?.. :D

If you log into Jackofallgames you can see the status of your order. once it says "shipped", 1-2 business days. In all 3-4 business days (after processing etc"].
You don't get any demos of commercial games on it. And as for where to buy; PlayAsia (if they ever get any stock"]. However, all the vids and pics I've seen Don't have english text so that's a bit of a questionmark.

In the mean time... there're 2,216 MAME games, 785 SNES games, 1k+ Genesis games... etc. You'll find something to do till you can get hold of Her Knights. :D[/quote]
thanks...is the wiz any good then?....can u play day of the tentacle and sam and max on it?.. :D[/quote]The Wiz is great. I love it. It's my first Game Park (holdings?) console though.

Who on earth is 'u' ?? is that a Korean name or something?

And I'll assume that Korean guy, what was his name? 'u'? He will be able to play at least the floppy versions of DotT and Sam & Max, I'm sure.
The Scumm emulator is in Alpha at the moment. I make a habbit of waiting for Beta before installing/trying things as I'm not very good at error reporting and lose patience very quickly.

it's my first gph handheld aswell....im sorry for the understanding 'u' is every wiz owner in general lol how do i upgrade the firmware plz help...
:D

Back