GP2X Any Developers Interested In A Game Project?

Well I really didn't have anyone specific in mind, but i think it would be nice if we have several parts being developed simultainusly (excuse my spelling).
But if you feel like doing that, it would be great!

But i would still like to see some kind of more in-detail story setup and so.
I hope bigtrouble77 haven't forgotten about this.

Well, I'm moving job, house and even country in a couple of weeks so I'm pretty busy at the mo. I do still want to be involved with this though so I'll try to find some time to devote to it.

No promises... :(

Dimacus posted on May 10 2006 at 02:47 PM said:
Well I really didn't have anyone specific in mind, but i think it would be nice if we have several parts being developed simultainusly (excuse my spelling).
But if you feel like doing that, it would be great!

But i would still like to see some kind of more in-detail story setup and so.
I hope bigtrouble77 haven't forgotten about this.

BT77 has got a lot on at work from what I gather. I know he hasn't forgot about this.

And yes when I get some time, I'm going to have a look. I will have to setup SDL though... >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
bigtrouble77 said:
I posted this in the GP32 dev forum by accident. Since none of the mods moved it I have to cross post here to make sure I hit the right crowd.
-------------------------
Being that the Gp2x game library is kinda small, I was wondering if there were any developers that might want to start a game project with me?

I worked in the industry a couple years back (did freelance work on civ3). I've been developing xslt web applications most recently, oh the joy. I haven't done many 3d projects as of late so I'm itching to find something new.

I work mainly in 3dsmax and photoshop. I can also do midi.

Things I'm mostly interested in are Graphic Adventures (possibly via scumm?), rpg's and any kind of strategy game. I'd prefer to do something sprite based.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this out there being that there seems to be a ton of talented developers around here.

I have no expericne in this field, but this is one of my long held dream to do. I want to do some sort of 3d engine upon which games can be built upon easily. I want to do a flight simulator based on that engine. Are you getting anywhere with this? I want to contribute.

I realise this thread is quite old... but if there are still devs working on it...

I have a basic 3d texture mapped landscape engine that will eventually work on tile based maps..

Only running at a few fps at the moment - but my aim is to get that running much smoother and get the second core to the processing in the background.

Let me know if that's of interest to the project.

Unfortunately this project, as a community project have died.
I however have continued developing the build I was working on (Altough rewritten a couple of times).
And it is now almost a complete 2d game engine.

I do reccomend you to start a new thread if you want to start a new community project.
But writing a 3d game engine is not a walk in the park, but it would be really cool.

agreed...unless you want to go the 2.5d route.

3d is nearly pointless on gp2x...unless we want to spend 3 years on it.

Yes unfortunately it died, I just had too much work with my 3rd year in uni to keep my input to the project going, and it sort of fizzled out from that point. I have slightly more free time now, but I have a few projects I'm working on now.

Glad you extended your work Dimacus! :)

garzyboi said:
agreed...unless you want to go the 2.5d route.

3d is nearly pointless on gp2x...unless we want to spend 3 years on it.
Well if all goes well with my engine i do plan to introduce 2.5d support, but that isn't exactly a high priority, atleast not right now.

PokeParadox said:
Yes unfortunately it died, I just had too much work with my 3rd year in uni to keep my input to the project going, and it sort of fizzled out from that point. I have slightly more free time now, but I have a few projects I'm working on now.

Glad you extended your work Dimacus! :)
Well i thought it was a fun project to work on, so i thought why not :)

Back