interested/interesting?

• yay

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • nay

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

SNESFAN

Retro game fanatic
I ran across this, it's an app for iphone/android for better/faster viewing of forums and easier posting while on the go.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

the forum webmaster has to do some stuff on their end for it to work though.

hmm... no webOS version? GP32X on the pre's browser is all kindsa fucked. But yah I'd definitely be interested if it was on webos (just emailed them about it actually)

The iPhone browser shows it very minimalistic and boring. I think it's just a universal 'mobile' version for the IP Boards.

img0037.png

Not bad, we can live with it. But MobileSafari can handle a lot more than this :).

Ah, OK. I'm jailbroken, so I can easily fake my user agent and get what you're getting (the full site). It just loads a bit slower :).

Pandora, my iPhone shows the GP32x forums as they should be. There is probably some option somewhere to display it properly.

EDIT: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48558-the-mobile-site-sucks/page__p__746052__hl__iphone__fromsearch__1&#entry746052

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed the authors of this about webos support - they responded very quickly & politely =]

We do intend to cover as much mobile platform as possible. Currently we are working on the BlackBerry version so as soon as it is done we will be able to evaluate the possibility of porting the app to other platforms.

Thanks for writing to us though, we do appreciate it.

for now tho does anyone know of any way I can get the forums to display better on the pre's browser? It's webkit based just like the iphone's so you'd think it wouldn't be all that hard (well you'd think it wouldn't be fucked first of all, lol)

Nova said:
Pandora, my iPhone shows the GP32x forums as they should be. There is probably some option somewhere to display it properly.

EDIT: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48558-the-mobile-site-sucks/page__p__746052__hl__iphone__fromsearch__1&#entry746052
Oh, thank you. But it looks like ED never followed Guyfaws' suggestion. There is no option at the bottom of each page to change my skin. Or in my user cp.

Did I mention I had an iPod touch, not an iPhone?

Yeah this place seems to be double post a-go-go recently. And yeah you mentioned it, the link was just kinda explaining why there was no normal skin for you. Maybe ED will see this and change it. Maybe not :/

Nova said:
Yeah this place seems to be double post a-go-go recently. And yeah you mentioned it, the link was just kinda explaining why there was no normal skin for you. Maybe ED will see this and change it. Maybe not :/
Yeah, have the forums been unusually slow for anyone else over the past month or so or is it just me? People probably get impatiant with the speed and spam the 'add reply' button becuase it's taking too long.

pandora said:
Yeah, have the forums been unusually slow for anyone else over the past month or so or is it just me?

No you're not alone. Once ED took the server over from Hando it was very fast but lately speed seems to decrease and sometimes it hangs for a while.

An increasing number of people visiting now that the Pandora is nearly finished? Seems unlikely to put a lot of load on the server, but it's all I can think of.

I'd really like the tapatalk mod installed on this forum. It makes things very nice for us iPod/Android users...

Back