Android gingerbread in a pnd?

Ah, I think I found my problem. Had my Pandora at 980mhz, which was unstable apparently. Moved to 900 and everything seems to work again now.

Evening

I am having the same issue with the wifi. I have tried using my external wifi stick, but as soon as I start up the gingerbread pnd, it switches to using the internal wifi, is there something I have to do to stop it from doing this that will allow me to use the wifi stick?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Cheers

can we get tethering to work - wifi and usb? i guess it needs to be done when compiled?

tried using ro.tethering.denied=false in builds prop but that does not seem to do anything

thx

Menu is F2 or right nub down. F11 and F12 are volume Low and High. Search ? Didn't have it even on my Android devices anymore.

Thanks Scorpio16v, thought I'd tried everything to find the menu key. :)

So we've got :

Home : Pandora Button

Back : Esc

Menu : F2

Search : Unknown

Volume Up / Down : F12 / F11

Does anyone know if these buttons can be remapped to ABXY / Shoulder buttons?

Menu is F2 or right nub down. F11 and F12 are volume Low and High. Search ? Didn't have it even on my Android devices anymore.

Thanks Scorpio16v, thought I'd tried everything to find the menu key. :)

So we've got :

Home : Pandora Button

Back : Esc

Menu : F2

Search : Unknown

Volume Up / Down : F12 / F11

yeah was thinking shoulder for volume.

How can you tether when it doesn't have its own connection anyway?
Did evildragon not show tethering with a sony ericksson
ps milkshake can you show an manual install guide for shadowgun can only get past the nvidia screen then it sticks on a blurry screen with text chainfire 3d is installed and enabled.

Also loving the android music player so easy to build a playlist and very user friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pandora is not a Sony Ericsson phone so why would it need to tether, if your phone can create its own WiFi hotspot like many can these days then the Pandora can connect to this.

@mr loon if you map those items to the gaming buttons that means U can't map the gaming buttons for games, that was the same issue that android.r2 had which is now fixed.

The Pandora is not a Sony Ericsson phone so why would it need to tether, if your phone can create its own WiFi hotspot like many can these days then the Pandora can connect to this.

@mr loon if you map those items to the gaming buttons that means U can't map the gaming buttons for games, that was the same issue that android.r2 had which is now fixed.
Not everyone has wifi milkshake take that into account.Also i was talking of sharing your phones internet with the pandora if you were talking about something else i apologise

If your phone supports USB tethering, enable USB host on the Pandora, plug in phone, turn on USB tethering, on Pandora ( with XCFE ) go to Network Manager, select the connection labeled 'ifupfdown bnep0' Your Pandora should instantly connect and be USB tethered through whatever connection your phone is using. Launch Android.

Canabalt HD runs very well and you can even use the enter key to jump, so that's pretty cool! Still can't get the Play Store to work, will have to do more research into that later:)

(null)

wow this r5 is amazing, it appears to be cynogenmod 7 and you can get the gapps (including market with full apps from there wiki)

http://wiki.cyanogen...ion/Google_Apps

REMEMBER its version 7!

download the zip, drop the folders in the app data folder and reboot andoid :)

brill work notaz!

now we just need to fix the ability to use game buttons in games :)

EDIT:

we could also do with the following:

remove cell reception (some tweek in build.prop should fix this), use DSP with 3.2 kernel :)

For the play store, this works.

Follow Milkshake's instructions.

Is there any way to get this to use a USB WIFI stick? as soon as I load up android it automatically uses the internal WIFI.

If your phone supports USB tethering, enable USB host on the Pandora, plug in phone, turn on USB tethering, on Pandora ( with XCFE ) go to Network Manager, select the connection labeled 'ifupfdown bnep0' Your Pandora should instantly connect and be USB tethered through whatever connection your phone is using. Launch Android.

Strangely this does not work for me.

Cheers Alerino, I must have been blind :rolleyes:

yeah was thinking shoulder for volume.
You can edit /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl, but that may break games that support hard keys (don't know is any of those work here though).

Edit: gpio-keys.kl, not keypad.kl

@milkshake Humm.. turns out you're right. In android wifi is off, however when I did this yesterday at work I must've still been connected to a hotspot there ( as the wifi LED is on, even when you disable wifi in android settings ) while attempting to use USB tethering on my phone, it instead must have been still using a really poor wifi connection. My bad.

That makes sense, Guess I'd map them to Start, Select & Shoulders. Also thanks for the tip on how to get the Market up and running. Purchased apps show up & install fine (tried Pocket Racing, works very well with the DPad :) ).

I'm really enjoying tinkering about with Android on Pandora, to anyone even slightly curious I'd say give it a go.

You can edit /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl, but that may break games that support hard keys (don't know is any of those work here though). Edit: gpio-keys.kl, not keypad.kl

Cheers Notaz, I'll give that a go. Many thanks for your amazing work on this, yet again, you've made the Pandora that little bit more awesome.

I got that Game Keyboard app... any tips on how to actually use it, e.g. Say I have a simple space invaders game that uses tilt sensing to move left and right and touch tap to shoot. How would I setup to use dpad left right for tilt and B button to fire?

Also... tried to install Minecraft and it said it couldn't write to the SD card?

Back