Android gingerbread in a pnd?

It's probably highly optimised for purposes such as that.

It may also have something todo with us not utilising the DSP for video in this PND which is something mobile phones do really well, could this be it notaz?

This is an interesting point, does Android for OMAP3 use the DSP at all? Or is it that it isn't set up for it even if it tries to?

android needs kernel 3.2 but there is no option to boot it with reserved memory atm. correct me if I'm wrong.

android needs kernel 3.2 but there is no option to boot it with reserved memory atm. correct me if I'm wrong.

This is exactly what I was thinking, because there is no option to boot with reserved memory for DSP in kernel 3.2 this also means the Android PND also cannot use it, and I do believe the phones do use their DSP for video and other things, but if im wrong about that im sorry :p

Just a quick addition:

The sound delay is not with all apps.

Peggle has the sound delay, but World of Goo runs perfectly fine.

True. Angrybirds has the sounddelay, too but some other apps I tried did not. Would be nice to know if there is a fix though.

WorldOfGoo and Plants vs. Zombies run pretty much fullspeed at 900 MHz. :)

Can someone check some of the yongzh's emulators? Only gba and nes was playable before, snes and n64 were sideshows.

N64oid runs good enough to play zelda - oot with stuttering sound. Frameskip max. =5 and Pandora OC @1035 MHz.

My biggest problem is the D-Pad mapping. D-Pad is recognized correctly on settings, but can't use it ingame. Same if I mapp other buttons to directions.

But that happend on older versions of GB for Pandora too.

edit, just remembered, had the problem long time before. Must mapp the analog directions too. Now playing Zelda. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@scorpio16v:

Fantastic show of what can be done..

I think I need to invest in a speedier SD cards for my Android use.. I'm getting some performance issues.

Damn mame4droid reloaded is still not installing anyone any ideas.

I am pretty sure mame4droid reloaded would be quite slow on Pandora since it is based on Mame 0.134

To be honest current Pandora's arcade emulation is not that bad thanks to PanMame and Final Burn Alpha.

I am pretty sure mame4droid reloaded would be quite slow on Pandora since it is based on Mame 0.134

To be honest current Pandora's arcade emulation is not that bad thanks to PanMame and Final Burn Alpha.
Yeah but i have seen vids of the jxd s7100 running mame fullspeed at 800mhz ok its a9 but i reckon it would be the best mame avail still i underclocked my old celeron based pc and tried it without a graphics card and it was running alot of games panmame and fba cant fullspeed so i beg to differ.Its not a huge deal to me as i have the asus transformer prime with it installed i just wish pandora owners could see how far along secuolo has brought this emulator along.

It's probably highly optimised for purposes such as that.
It may also have something todo with us not utilising the DSP for video in this PND which is something mobile phones do really well, could this be it notaz?
This is an interesting point, does Android for OMAP3 use the DSP at all? Or is it that it isn't set up for it even if it tries to?
There is code but it doesn't even compile and has loads of dependencies, so it's not there right now. TI stuff is a pain to work with as usual.

This is exactly what I was thinking, because there is no option to boot with reserved memory for DSP in kernel 3.2 this also means the Android PND also cannot use it, and I do believe the phones do use their DSP for video and other things, but if im wrong about that im sorry :p
You can make that option by editing /boot/bootmenu.txt, it's not the real problem..

This version runs for me, great job!

I tried downloading the AGS app and booted up Gemini Rue. Runs like a charm, if for one problem - the mouse clicks on the second analogue nub cant be configured, so any movement on the nug resets the cursor into the far left corner. Probably more to do with the AGS app than the PND, but still worth a go.

panmame and fba cant fullspeed

Well, basing on my tests i have troubles only with Taito F3, Sega System 32, Namco and Midway games (in PanMame).

FBA indeed is very good, maybe IGS games need more speed.

But, other than that, you can play fullspeed or near fullspeed on the Pandora:

-CPS1

-CPS2

-CPS3

-Neo Geo

-Sega games (not all)

-IGS although a bit slow

-Psikyo SH2

-Konami 68000 based games

-Banpresto 68000 based games

-Irem M92

-some Taito games (Chase HQ, Continental Circus and Metal Black among others)

-later Data East games

and some other random games (Battle Toads, Thunder Hoop, Back Street Soccer...).

By chance, anyone want to set up a wiki page on pandorawiki, and keep it updated with the latest info?

ie:

- rules for SD setup (pnd on left, blank droid SD on right, since it can be corrupted, minimize non-droid stuff there?)

- URL to current build (notaz first post for instance)

- list of config settings desirable to change

- list of tools that are desirable to make it useful

- gamekeypad tool thing to use pandora hardware controls

- amazon store

- slideme or whatever that other mentioned store is

.... etc.

I've been reading along, but not had time to try anything since the initial (sick babies == life destroyed for a week or two :)

I would love (and I'm sure lots of others too :) if we could pop by one page and have a good quick summary (needn't be detailed, just soimethign to save combing through this whole thread each setup :)

jeff

Back