Android gingerbread in a pnd?

I can't run it, I'm trying r3 and at first it appears a message box saying that "SGX driver load failed", then it begins to load but gets stuck with the sentence "modem-manager: (net/wlan0): port's parent platform driver is not whitelisted"

Im using the 256MB model with superzaxxon B5.

By the way, has anyone tried the grooveshark client for android?

I can't run it, I'm trying r3 and at first it appears a message box saying that "SGX driver load failed", then it begins to load but gets stuck with the sentence "modem-manager: (net/wlan0): port's parent platform driver is not whitelisted"

Im using the 256MB model with superzaxxon B5.

By the way, has anyone tried the grooveshark client for android?

you need to b running SZB5a

Pretty nice, copied some apks from my phone and seemed to work ok. Looking forward to future improvements!

To all the people who dont care or think Android is a joke what the hell are you doing on this thread ? Notaz brilliant work hopefully it will become something even bigger don't get trolls never have.

To all the people who dont care or think Android is a joke what the hell are you doing on this thread ? Notaz brilliant work hopefully it will become something even bigger don't get trolls never have.

In case you were thinking I was trolling I was not, I dont care that much for android, however I do see the potential for this project. Hence the "I tip my hat once again to Notaz" and I made that physical tip just now because of all the great work notas has been doing for the pandora.

I think all the work being done on Android is very impressive indeed (all hail the godly coding skills of Notaz!! :) ), and I'm enjoying trying seeing what does and doesn't work on each release as we go along. It's certainly a massively useful string to have added to the Pandora bow! :D

Daily report: input problem is fixed now, and the UI feels much better now with the 3D driver workaround. World of Goo now does 20-30fps which is way more pleasant too.

However now wifi is broken, Android always thinks wifi driver is "hung" and keeps reloading it forever (wants some non-standard driver extensions perhaps?). Probably will need to go back to rowboat for wifi related parts, but those won't compile now in CyanogenMod base.

So it's kind of "fix one part - break another" state, but it's getting there, I hope I can "finish" this soon and finally leave it alone for good to get back to more pleasant projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
i heared that cm9 will be very pleasant :p Just joking.

Sounds awesome, notaz.

btw: has anyone any idea, why unity-engine based games don't run? They don't even show up in the launcher :/

Daily report: input problem is fixed now, and the UI feels much better now with the 3D driver workaround. World of Goo now does 20-30fps which is way more pleasant too.

However now wifi is broken, Android always thinks wifi driver is "hung" and keeps reloading it forever (wants some non-standard driver extensions perhaps?). Probably will need to go back to rowboat for wifi related parts, but those won't compile now in CyanogenMod base.

So it's kind of "fix one part - break another" state, but it's getting there, I hope I can "finish" this soon and finally leave it alone for good to get back to more pleasant projects.

World of Goo is already quite playable so 20-30 fps must be really sweet. I can't wait to try this once you get it to a releaseable state Notaz. Again, thanks for your great work.

That seems surprising considering 2Boys, when asked about a Pandora port, flat out said the OMAP processor couldn't handle the floating point math required. I'm almost absolutely certain they were correct, which makes me wonder what they did to fix it. A lot of heavy assembler optimization I would suspect.

With the new Pandora Firmware installed (I still have hotfix 6), I give Android a try, it already sounds promising. Only the SD-Card corruption issue worries me, I hope this can be improved and fixed so that it is save to use on the Pandora under normal conditions.

That seems surprising considering 2Boys, when asked about a Pandora port, flat out said the OMAP processor couldn't handle the floating point math required. I'm almost absolutely certain they were correct, which makes me wonder what they did to fix it. A lot of heavy assembler optimization I would suspect.

Apparently it's not only about the OMAP. It's a matter of drivers (see notaz post)

Apparently it's not only about the OMAP. It's a matter of drivers (see notaz post)

that's not what wizard was referring to. years ago, we asked about a direct pandora port and they said "mobile processors not powerfull enough", now they are. And that's thanks to the popularity of smartphones.

Back