Android Games (from the Google Play store)

Do you love buying games from the Google Play store?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Other answer (please state or elaborate)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I'm curious to know weather or not I'm the only Android games (apps) fanatic around here?

Ever since I fully embraced digital downloadable games, I don't mind spending (my max purchase amount cannot exceed AU $50 per game) money on games, thus supporting one of my favourite corporations...
6s.png

Below are the games (and emus) I currently have in my collection. None of them are Freemium games, as I have a rule to not waste my storage space (even if a Shenmue 3 or HλLF-LIFE 3 was released for free (not that, that would ever happen, lol) on free downloadable games.

Each image below represents 3 of my separate Google accounts.

The first one being an old account which I don't really bother using anymore and is sometimes reserved for any smartphone that I have coupled with my MOGA Pro Power controller.

The second image is for my nVIDIA Shield portable and if (or when) an nVIDIA Shield 2 portable is released then I would use this account exclusively for it.

The third image is of my relatively new account and is strictly used for my Sony XPERIA Z3 products.

Any cancelled purchase(s) you see is actually me giving the game a bit of a test or a trial run before maybe buying. You see, according to Google (and I quote)... "after purchasing an app or game on Google Play, you can return it within two hours for a full refund." I do this to test controller compatibility with certain games, as I'm no longer into rooting.

I've attached a little poll ffs (for funs sake) and have allowed for multiple choice. I've also kept it anonymous, which I don't usually do, as I mostly like to know who voted for 'what'.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only game I got are from humblebundle, I've not tied my credit card with my goggle account, nor did I wish to...

No I don't.  I don't really have any games that I seriously play on Android devices, and most of those I do play are in the "freemium" category.  There are only 2 things I have paid for on Google Play (I think one was before it became "Play").  I knew what I was getting both times, and they were intended as a thank you to the people behind them.  The first was nanoloop, which I also own on a GB cart, and is fun to mess around with when I don't have a Game Boy, but do have something running Android.  The 2 versions don't compare.  The other was something I was using the unpaid version of for years (without ads! :) ), and since it is the first thing I install I just threw the maker a couple bucks.

Some of the games in your lists are ones I might consider, however at present I don't think I have anything powerful enough to play them, and I would prefer a real Linux version instead.  Unlike some people, I don't completely hate Google (yet).  They are actually one of the few big corporations that I kinda like most of what they do.  There are some bad and potentially bad things they have or might do, although this is true of everything.

the only game I got are from humblebundle, I've not tied my credit card with my goggle account, nor did I wish to...
Can't you use a prepaid card?

Can't you use a prepaid card?
yes, of course, but as I don't want to buy a fixed amount of money in advance, I don't have money on my google account right now... so no impulse buy, and so far I've found nothing I really wanted to buy on the play store...

edit: I'm mostly impulse buying game nowaday, like humblebundle... as anyway I got a 400 or so game backlog on steam and several dozen on android...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a number of games from Google Play, but my most played one (actually the only one I play tbh) is Plants Vs Zombies 2. I've not paid a penny for any DLC but it's the perfect game for me - I can play for two minutes, then pick it up for another two minutes later. I'm a fan of the original PvZ and while it is different, it is mostly more of the same and then some. Love it.

I only purchased DraStic, Mupen64 and some other emulators.  No games.
Me too:

I bought

-Tapatalk in a Time where it costed Money,

-Drastic(To support Exophase a Little and for using on many Devices)

-RotationControl(helped me on many Android Devices),

-Cinex(dont work more)

and for the Pandora Android the GameKeyboard App

Only the for me importantest Things ^_^

But Games?

The only Game i bought was Zemonia but Gaming with Touchscreen or Keyboard dont make Realy Fun.

All the paid apps/games I have come either from Humble Bundle or the special operations on amazon appshop, when they give away some apps for free.

Voted other, I find it OK, but prefer to buy from humble bundle for most of my paid Android games.

Each image below represents 3 of my separate Google accounts.
Why have 3 separate accounts? You could have 1 account and not install all your apps on all your devices. 

Back