... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

Original orders will be 600mhz / 512MB (or possibly 256MB if we ever get those units back from CC).

I personally doubt we will get those remaining 256MB units, but you never know.

They would be put in the new silver cases if we did.

It would be really unfair to have waited for 2-3 years and only get a 256MB Pandora, I know that it is what we paid for... But 2-3 years ago... At least I wait for a 512MB for now. I am still really impatient to receive the Pandora, and I know that I will be like a child during Christmas, but I also think that I would be a bit frustrated to get the 256MB...

I am already a bit sad to not have received the Pandora before the end of my Ph.D, I would have been really proud to put it's reference for embedded computation in real time process :p . May be later ^^

^

There are no more 256MB units being produced. ED can get 512MB of RAM cheaper than 256MB in quantity.

I think we have better chances of seeing God(s) than CC fulfilling the 1200 units they owe Open Pandora LTD.

Basically it was recently stated there is around 1000 left.....

The current status page was updated 1.june (soon 2 months old, thats not recent I think) and there it states that there are about 700 paid preorders (batch1 and 2) left to ship. Also it states that they are making 150 units per week. It have been stated earlier that ithe production speed was to be increased soon.

At one point there was suggested that 1/3 of those was delivered to old preorders, equal to 50/week. The info is 8 weeks old, so if they have followed the same production and ratio it should have been 400 more old preorders fulfilled, leaving 300 left to ship. I surely hope this is close to the truth, but given the lack of information and updates on this matter, I fear that they might be behind this schedule.

Wait.... so production and delivery of 1st batch orders has not only slowed down... but has actually stopped!?

:angry:

Wait.... so production and delivery of 1st batch orders has not only slowed down... but has actually stopped!?

:angry:
It was stopped for about a year while waiting on CC to pull its head out of its nether regions. When that didn't happen, OPT moved production to a different factory. That is now moving along well, but to pay for the move and materials, the new units being produced need to be sold at premium. They're shipping out approximately 1 old pre-order for every 3 new premium sales. It's an unfortunately small number, but the alternative was to declare bankruptcy and then we get nothing: no Pandora, no refund. At least this way they're trying to make things right again, and there is enough money for a refund if you want that instead.

So basically, the delivery is rolling ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:

The current status page was updated 1.june (soon 2 months old, thats not recent I think) and there it states that there are about 700 paid preorders (batch1 and 2) left to ship. Also it states that they are making 150 units per week. It have been stated earlier that ithe production speed was to be increased soon.

At one point there was suggested that 1/3 of those was delivered to old preorders, equal to 50/week. The info is 8 weeks old, so if they have followed the same production and ratio it should have been 400 more old preorders fulfilled, leaving 300 left to ship. I surely hope this is close to the truth, but given the lack of information and updates on this matter, I fear that they might be behind this schedule.

lol.

BAM!

Total outstanding preorders are now under 1000 units (between me and Ed), so we clearly are delivering. This time last year it was more like 2000. We have also repaired/replaced about 300 units in that time too.

lol.

BAM!

Total outstanding preorders are now under 1000 units (between me and Ed), so we clearly are delivering. This time last year it was more like 2000. We have also repaired/replaced about 300 units in that time too.
http://boards.openpa..._20#entry170136

I'm not quite sure what your lol and bam! expressions are ment to say, I'm barely trying to summarize the few facts that I have on this matter.

Both statements could be true. The numbers(700) mentioned on the "current status" page are for batch 1 & 2 preorders, while the number 1000 is for the total outstanding preorders. That includes batch 1&2 + all new preorders.

In my calculation I used ratio 1/3 (out of 150 per week) delivered to the old preorders. If there was 300 left to deliver that would equal to 6 weeks left to fulfull the old preorders.

If the total preorders are 1000 and production rate is 150, that means all those preorders could be fullfilled within less than 7 weeks.

Which means that craigix mail sort of confirms that the production is steady and that they are delivering at schedule. This is a good thing:)

What I dont understand is why they dont use 5 minutes now and then to update the current status page a bit more often than now. Not everybody have the energy to dig into forums and read hundreds of posts just to get clues of information on the status of their order.

The trouble is that "production rate" is all-but irrelevant now. Because "classic preorders" get filled at the rate of one for every three (or so) "premium preorders", the rate we're interested in sales, not production.

Sales figures are what matter now.

Sales figures are what matter now.

Yeah, this is what is relevant. Anyone has any idea how the Pandora is selling ?

Good luck with getting an answer to that question.

There is an unanswered month old topic in 'Ask Craig' about when he will get the next shipment from ED.

There has been a blanket refusal over the past four years to answer *any* questions about order position, potential shipping dates etc despite offers from the community to help dig into their terribly arcane database.

The estimated numbers of pre-orders still to be satisfied varies wildly. Fact: October 2nd 2008 orders that paid for an upgrade have still not been fulfilled. God alone knows when non-upgraders will ever see a Pandora.

ED has units in stock and ready to ship to paying customers, so you can be fairly confident that Craig has too.

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/main-consoles-and-upgrades/68-die-pandora-512mb-platinfarben-1.html

As usual there is either a deafening silence or a diversionary ploy from Craig when asked direct questions.

But hey, we have shiny new toys on the horizon, look everyone focus on them!

Bottom line, the people who invested in this project at the outset are now a mere financial hindrance, who may, even now, get a refurbished 256MB board in a new silver case.

So yeah, SNAFU.

3000 Pandoras were built and sold in 3 years. Selling another 3000 units (to deliver the remaining 1000) will not take much longer. I hope a free ticket for the Olimpic Games* will be included to the last delivered unit.

*in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 2016.

The preorders are shipped at a regular rate, statements are made about the delivers, trollers are trolling, all is normal.

The preorders are shipped at a regular rate, statements are made about the delivers, trollers are trolling, all is normal.

Where are the Trolls? we've not a single piece of information and there's absolutely no apparent progress for the old preorder, is wondering about what's going on trolling?

ED patiently responds at a regular rate, re-explaining how it goes.

I understand that a shipping gauge would be neat, but there isn't.

wow, so wanting *some* definitive information or answers as to where my Pandora is and when I might possibly receive it classes me as a Troll.

This is yet another example of a fanboi jumping in and speculating, posting specious opinion as alleged 'fact'.

Until someone from OP can post otherwise, your comment falls into the "opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one" category.

Oh wait, I forgot; ED is taking a well deserved holiday, and Craig is busy taking pre-orders for a new pre-order queue, so don't expect any information soon. I dunno, maybe they should have some sort of newsletter type thing we could all sign up to...

I didn't order from ED.

God knows with the passage of time I wish I had.

Hasn't been any Pandoras shipped from Craig in almost a month. Or at least, few enough that noone's posted about it, and there's definitely been less than 15 premiums shipped, else I'd have mine...

http://boards.openpa...s/page__st__400

Edit: make that almost two, minus one being shipped (maybe just a small number that only one of them was a forumgoer)

wow, so wanting *some* definitive information or answers as to where my Pandora is and when I might possibly receive it classes me as a Troll.

This is yet another example of a fanboi jumping in and speculating, posting specious opinion as alleged 'fact'.

Until someone from OP can post otherwise, your comment falls into the "opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one" category.

Oh wait, I forgot; ED is taking a well deserved holiday, and Craig is busy taking pre-orders for a new pre-order queue, so don't expect any information soon. I dunno, maybe they should have some sort of newsletter type thing we could all sign up to...

I didn't order from ED.

God knows with the passage of time I wish I had.

The definitive answer is the same as the previous one, and the previous one, and the previous one...

YES, units are shipping.

Hasn't been any Pandoras shipped from Craig in almost a month. Or at least, few enough that noone's posted about it, and there's definitely been less than 15 premiums shipped, else I'd have mine...

http://boards.openpa...s/page__st__400
You don't seriously expect all OP customers posting here "hey i received my OP from Craig's shop" don't you ?

Back