... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

We've been asking that for years, but there's not much regularity in this project ;)

It'll get updated when it's updated. Not when we ask them to.

If we wouldn't care about our customers, we could've easily just filed insolvency last year and find a way to create a new company to only sell Pandoras now to new customers..

And provided no evidence of fraud surfaced that would be completely legal. At least I assume that the UK and Germany are like the US in that respect, there's nothing illegal about running your business into the ground.

Wow, I didn't expect my idea to cause so much discussion, lol. It was just an idea. I'm not a business major or anything so I'm sure there are aspects of it that I didn't take into account.

To the suggestions for Python + opengles: Can I develop that on my computer natively and it'll work on the pandora with few issues? Assuming I stick to just opengles bindings? Python's cross-platform and my machine runs Arch Linux right now, so it shouldn't be much of an issue, right?

I've not been following the openpandora since I got mine over a year ago. As far as I understand the openpandora is now running at 1 GHz and has a new chip plus double the RAM (e.g. 512 MB). Am I getting this right? Can the openpandora be ordered now, e.g. the 1 GHz units?

I've not been following the openpandora since I got mine over a year ago. As far as I understand the openpandora is now running at 1 GHz and has a new chip plus double the RAM (e.g. 512 MB). Am I getting this right? Can the openpandora be ordered now, e.g. the 1 GHz units?
The current units are 600MHz + 512 ram.

Some 1GHz samples are available at high price.

When all the 600MHz cpu will be sold, the 1Ghz will be the standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
The current units are 600MHz + 512 ram.

Some 1GHz samples are available at high price.

When all the 600MHz cpu will be sold, the 1Ghz will be the standard.

Oh, OK thanks for clarifying that. :-D

Python's cross-platform and my machine runs Arch Linux right now, so it shouldn't be much of an issue, right?
exactly :) its the basic idea behind the whole "cross-platform" concept.

dunno about opengl es, tho. never used that.

We've been asking that for years, but there's not much regularity in this project ;)

yes but just a "i have shipped xxx units this week (yyy premium and zzz old)" is enough, we don't ask much more.

never mind if there is a "000 shipped this week" from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
what i don't understand is that regularity argument that would prevent to write this kind of update.

we know the numbers won't be the same each week.

anyway, we have to accept.

A quick number of batch 1+2 leftovers would be very appreciable. Indeed.

I ordered very "late", just in March. That was because I stumbled in the projcet some time ago, when all the problems where up at that time, I followed other projects. But with my son now being 13 years old and summer holiday to come, the question arises constandly (yeah, TO me not FROM me..)

While reading along, I'm still stuck hwo to estimiate the time to expect my unit (I payed all at once to make thinks easier for the OP-Team-Heros).

Is there any Ordering numbre or some magic trick to find which "place in the row" I have.

Not to push things, just to know where I stand. If there is no way: never mind, I'll be patient.

And I'm VERY amazed what the OP Team does (actually I can't think of any example alike for "never give up")

Sorry, I'm not in the mood to give you the classical 2 month meme response... too bad that would have been the only response you'dd get...

Back