An other CPU discussion. Rockchip RK3399 sounds good

As long as they support some semi-standard extended Hayes modem AT command set, that should be fine. Actually, picking up the line and dialling a number is part of the original standard I'm pretty sure.

What about for making and receiving calls though? If someone wants to experiment with that.

That would mean you would be able to create a device to automatically answer the incoming calls, play an answering message then record the reply. It could even detect touch tone dialing tones as a password to retrieve messages remotely or even encrypt & push them out to an email address as sound files for online retrieval.

Answering machine reinvented?

Extended maybe. That all sounds like how answering machines work except for the option of encrypting and sending opus/mp3 files as emails.

Might be a good mechanic for a spy novel. Good guys use a Stingray to find the bad guys phone only to find a Pyra that is answering calls, encrypting inbound voice messages to a public key that are then uploaded through a VPN to a public server to be retrieved from another computer via VPN. Or good/bad parties could be flipped.

The Pyra's capabilities simply means that the answering & encrypting unit could be -anywhere-. With a suspend/wake schedule it could also be only connected during specific times... technical plot twists.

@hns, I got more questions regarding the LC15EVM
do you have the final quotation for the base board ?

do you think adding UEXT or RPI style connectors could be possible without breaking all the current layout ?

Not yet... But will do soon.
do you think adding UEXT or RPI style connectors could be possible without breaking all the current layout ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEXT => "All pins conform to 3.3 volt digital logic."
And AFAIR, RPI also uses 3.3V logic.
But almost everything of OMAP5 is 1.8V logic so you can't make use of any such peripherals directly :(
Also, there are much more signals available than an UEXT or RPI socket can carry.
Hence we should either define our own connector (not being compatible to anything) - or leave it as individual solder pads (well, these should be regrouped a little better and have 2.54mm distance).

Not yet... But will do soon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEXT => "All pins conform to 3.3 volt digital logic."
And AFAIR, RPI also uses 3.3V logic.
But almost everything of OMAP5 is 1.8V logic so you can't make use of any such peripherals directly :(
Also, there are much more signals available than an UEXT or RPI socket can carry.
Hence we should either define our own connector (not being compatible to anything) - or leave it as individual solder pads (well, these should be regrouped a little better and have 2.54mm distance).

@hns, are there any news about the LC15EVM-board? Do you already know, when it will be available? :)

@hns, are there any news about the LC15EVM-board? Do you already know, when it will be available? :)
I think that, as long as the instability issue is not fixed the board is not going to be released

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Maybe, but it's also possibly a way to get more developers access to the system that might be able to fix the current issues.

That's a good question - does this LC15EVM suffer the same freezes as the Pyra devices?

Back