Amiga Uae4All

NEIL L

Just a quick question on this excellent emulator.
How do you save games? (I think I need to insert a blank disk!)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Neil

Side question, i just want to know about the Uae4All.
What do i want to know... Well, everything.

How does it run, slow, fast, resources to spare, needs overclocking, can run as A500, A600, A1200, with, without HD, mouse emulation through touchscreen in (DOS)games, and so on.

These are all kind of deal breakers for me. I do know the Uae4All is highly beta, but...
So, gimme your opinions on how it work. Quite obviously some of you got this running, so you should have some opinions to share.
B!

The amiga emulator uae4all runs quite well on the wiz. Most games I've tried run at full speed or almost at full speed if overclock to 700 MHz. The touchscreen of by a lot so you can't games with it.

Regards

André

No touchscreen gaming means it's no good for me. Aww. I'll keep tabs on this, but as i understand it, it's actually the Wiz it self having a slightly poor touch screen capacity, and not the emulator having issues? If it gets sorted that means it has to be sorted through a hardware revision, or a firmware update. Yes?

Thank you for your fast response.

Mr B said:
No touchscreen gaming means it's no good for me. Aww. I'll keep tabs on this, but as i understand it, it's actually the Wiz it self having a slightly poor touch screen capacity, and not the emulator having issues? If it gets sorted that means it has to be sorted through a hardware revision, or a firmware update. Yes?

Thank you for your fast response.

I am not sure how much the touch screen can be improved via firmware update.
I assume it's one of those things at either works or doesn't. It's nowhere near as sensitive as the DS one.
Maybe the "resolution" of the screen is too low. Anybody check this?

Aside from "Thumbing" icons on the launcher I can't see much point in it.

It would have been nice for mouse emulation but it needs to work a whole load better for that to be practical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn. If your right that means i have to find some other device altogether.

I was stoked when the panda started out, then they decided to make it a clamshell,
and that doesn't work for me.
Then it's been few devices that either haven't had fast enough hardware,
or no touchscreen. So i was kinda having high hopes for this.

*sighs* oh well, I keep looking i guess.
Thank you all.
B!

The touchscreen works great with apps like ScummVM, Blox, Propis, Wizsticks etc. so it's clearly a problem with Uae4all.

You guys need to make up your mind. Either the touchscreen is just barely sensitive enough to navigate the launcher in the Wiz it self, or, it's more then good enough to be usefull for a lot of applications. I admit, i have NO idea to what extent the softwares sbock named actually use the touchy, and how detailed it has to be to work there, but if one has problems using the touch at all, and the other has no problems... Calibration / configuration issues comes to mind?

Those that tried, and couldn't get the touchscreen to work that great in Uae4all, does it work well outside uae? If it did, then it's a Uae issue, and may be fixed, if it's not, it seams to indicate something with the hardware, that may, or may not be fixable through firmware.
B!

ScummVM: http://www.scummvm.org/

Wizstick and Propis are games designed to be played with the touchscreen only.
I don't know if the problem with uae4all can/will be fixed but to say that the touchscreen of the wiz is generally not usable is wrong.

sbock said:
ScummVM: http://www.scummvm.org/

Wizstick and Propis are games designed to be played with the touchscreen only.
I don't know if the problem with uae4all can/will be fixed but to say that the touchscreen of the wiz is generally not usable is wrong.

I must have a faulty one then. Even after multiple calibrations theres a dead zone bowing in from the edges (using system test)
Also in system test the input can me several mm off (again using the system test). Not so bad with the games and large menu buttons on the inbuilt software.
Not tried Scummvm yet but I remember the point and click games had a fairly large click zone.
When you're using the touch pad as a mouse you need it spot on though.
Tried playing Elite 2 and it was way off.

Tried playing Elite 2 and it was way off.

With uae4all? It works for nobody. That's what I wrote. It's a problem with the emu.

Not tried Scummvm yet but I remember the point and click games had a fairly large click zone.
When you're using the touch pad as a mouse you need it spot on though.

You use the touchpad as mouse with Scumm. I don't see your point here. I don't belive that the click zones are generally larger than in other games...

is it possible to calibrate the touch screen mouse on uae4all or just recalibrate the buttons on it ,the emulator works pretty good just would like the touch screen calibration to be so off ,or at least map my buttons to the controls i would like ,anyhoo this is a great emu for action games just adventure games seem hard because of afore mentioned problems, peace

Anyone know if Sensible world of Soccer 95/96, the one with the management option, will work on wiz and if so where can i get it!? Love that game, years of fun! to have it on handheld is a dream!

Mr.Y said:
Anyone know if Sensible world of Soccer 95/96, the one with the management option, will work on wiz and if so where can i get it!? Love that game, years of fun! to have it on handheld is a dream!

DO NOT ASK FOR ROM (ADF) FILES, IT`S AGAINST FORUM RULES, OK.

Trooper

The Amiga Emu - or Amigu, or Amigamu - is a hoot. It even has a mini keyboard, where you can choose keys. (But it sticks when you take it off. Not the key, the keyboard - the bottom part below the game screen.)
You can swap between mouse, Joystick, or that, with the Wiz Menu button.
You get the workbench 1.3 screen (sometimes you need to press reset to boot the disk image) and sometimes even the blue command-type loading screen. It's just like a mini Amiga, amigo.

In the options screen you can choose between 1 and 4 disks.
But, in IT CAME FROM THE DESERT the game keeps asking you to change them, ;) :huh: -_- when set at 4.

Thanks for the nice multi-coloured light show Superman1, Not to be a party pooper, But could you please tone your posts down a bit, As it can be a bit hard to read for us older types. Thank you. :)

Hay,

Apologies for my earlier mistake. New to this game!

Having real trouble getting this to work. I have the Kickstart 1.3 rom (512kb)in a directory with the uae4all.gpe, mmuhack.o, data and rom files/folders.
E.g:

data File Folder
roms File Folder
Kickstart1.3.rom ROM File 512kb
mmuhack.o O File 48kb
uae4all.gpe GPE File 655kb
uae4all PNG Image 2kb

When i run the gpe file it loads up the uae4all screen but then says "kickstart rom not found, press any key to retry" or something along those lines. Nothing happens when i retry.

Am i using the correct kick start rom? Is it in the correct place?

Any ideas wold be greatly appreciated!

Just guessing, but the rom might be better placed in the rom folder?
B!

Back