Uae4All Not Starting Up

bizt

Still Fresh
Hi,

I have just started using my Wiz and the only emulator that Im having trouble with is the Amiga one. I think I have the correct kickstart for it (1.3/512KB version), this I have in the same directory as the .gpe app file. Now, when I start up the emulator I first select the disk (open browser, locate rom directory and then select disk using <B> button) which returns me back to the main menu then I select Run. It does a few screen colour changes then after a maybe 5 seconds of this it just displays the screen with the hand holding the disk. I remember in my days of owning an amiga that this was generally to indicate that no disk had been inserted, am I correct? What am I not doing? Does it still sound like I have the wrong kickstart?

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

Bizt

Think I got this working now, Sensible Soccer is loading up now :D Originally I went by the README.TXT file and it appeared to suggest that you only need copy over a few files:

Code:
Installation

------------

* Copy uae4all.gpe and mmuhack.o into a directory on your SD card

* Copy the data directory to that directory, so it sits beneath 

the directory you just copied uae4all.gpe to.

* Put your kick.rom file in the same directory as uae4all.gpe

(this is kickstart 1.3 image, 512KB overdumped version).

* Create a roms directory in the same directory as uae4all.gpe 

(but you can also use any other directory).

Anyway I just copied over the whole directory as it is when unzipped, copied my kick.rom and roms over and now all is well.

PS Sensible Soccer has now loaded .. YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!! (still got moonstone, flashback .. lots lots more ;)

This was the last emulator I got going. My 1st computer was an Amiga 500. It was cool playing Lemmings on the Wiz. I wonder how Wrath of the Demon will run?

If anyone knows of a repository online that has Fred Fish files (sneakernet opensource floppy disks), post up a link!

Fred Fish (God rest his soul) was one of the great Amiga heroes. Back then my local computer shop had all his disks and you could copy them freely.

His fantastic archive can be revisited here in FTP.

Back