Amiga Uae4All

Hey where's Mr T? Hee
No the game roms go in the Rom folder, Mr B.

Mr Y, the Read Me file says:
Put your kick.rom file in the same directory as uae4all.gpe
(this is kickstart 1.3 image, 512KB overdumped version).

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/UAE4all says:
It must be called kick.rom, be a kickstart 1.3 image...

Multi-disc
Also, in response to my question before, on that page, under Controls, it says you can put at least 2 discs in a game, not needing to eject when needed: It works, but I am not sure if 3 can be done yet (using Y or A).
B
Put the currently-selected adf into df0:
X
Put the currently-selected adf into df1:

Then you start playing the game, and these discs are loaded.

Superman1 said:
No the game roms go in the Rom folder, Mr B.
Funny, since Amiga emulators uses discimages, not rom images.
Oh well.
B!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hay,

Got it sorted in the end. Amiga Emu rocks. Still trying to sort saving though. Briefly metioned earlier but the only amigamuseum site i can find is in french. Am i being dull? Can you translate the page somehow?

Cheers

Yeh, seems to be only in French. Just learn French. B) Or else search it in gOOgle and click translate.
It's under Downloads. Or if you're lazy like me, ADF to Amiga formatted floppy Virgin :rolleyes:

Meanwhile....

Hang on, seems you don't need a blank disc...? I haven't got that far to need one yet.
Read Me again:
Auto save in the main menu defaults to 'on', which will cause any writes to disk to be written into the saves directory under the dir in which uae4all is stored.
It's under More Options

___________________________________________________________________________________

Mr B said:
Funny, since Amiga emulators uses discimages, not rom images.
... Roms is just the general name I guess; you can name the folder anything and put it anywhere. And you can create subfolders for multi-disc games.

Read Me once more says:
Create a roms directory in the same directory as uae4all.gpe and put in your adf files.
It should browse to any.

And remember, Rom wasn't built in a day.

I'm pulling my hair out now!

Thanks for the tip with the french site, (guess i should spend a bit more time looking first). Thanks for the link to the blank adf. I've tried using it but getting no joy.

I'm playing sensible world of soccer. When i try to save it as you would normally do in the game it says "insert save disk" so i press select to get back to the uae4all menu, go to the disk image thing at the top of the page, select the blank adf, click back into the game and click "ok" it asks me to name the file so i bring up the key board and type in a name and press enter. Everything seems to freeze, i.e. the abort button in the game stops pulsing, as though something is happening.

Then after a minute or so it goes back to "insert disk 2". I go back to the menu, disk two(adf 2) back in, and the game carries on fine. When i go back to load the old game through the sensible world of soccer menu, it asks for the save disk. I click on the "blank" adf i used to save and nothing. No file name, no save game nothing!

This is my all time fav game and one of the main reasons for getting a wiz but need to be able to save.

Saw the post about auto saves but can't see how that works either. Is there a save button like in the other emus?

HELP!!! NEED TO SAVE MY SWOS CAREER!!

Cheers team!

Seems you are doing everything right.
Ohh... Try choosing SAVE DISC FILING in the main green menu and formatting the save disc. I just tried that, took a while, and seems to acknowledge the blank disc now, but before did not when I tried to delete a file on it. So, maybe this game needs to format it in a special way to be usable.

Failing that... I wonder if the filename is unacceptable? Try other ones, maybe shorter. Do you see the name being written? Or perhaps this game just does not work on the Wiz as it should in that part.

Autosave
Seems this game may not use auto save. But auto save is in the Menu, in More Options. That opens a new page of options. You can change auto save to on or off. Then save configuration or it keeps going off each time you load Amiga. Anyway, there is an inbuilt SAVES folder where these saves are written.

Romulans make the best games.
They also have the best computers.

evergreen36 said:
You can find a blank adf on amigamuseum or create it with winUAE . It works for me with it came from a desert .

Hi, could you post a URL to it. I went onto the (amigamuseum.emu-france.com?) but couldn't understand it to download the correct file. Sorry, dont speak French :(

--

Update: Sorry, Im an idiot. Didnt notice the reply someone else had posted above. Ignore this one please :)

This emulator is already stunning, can I just make a couple of POSSIBLE suggestions that would help make it even better? Perhaps a "Turbo" loading from disk option could be implemented - also if it's possible to assign more RAM to the amiga (4mb would be great) it might be possible to run many WHDLOAD games from a hard disk file which would be just fine and dandy. I'm not a progrrammer, but I think these changes should be feasible - but just for good measure here's some nice idiotic requests for you all to scoff heartily at - how about fullspeed 68060 emulation, AGA support, perhaps picasso GFX and a Zorro board?

Of course I'll happily make do with turbo loading from adf, an extra few meg, and HDF support.

PS. I forgot to request a way to make the screen fit better - I cant see the power bar in "Project X" or my score in "Super Obliteration". Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

klikklak said:
Does it emulate mouse yet?.. I read there were some problems with that so I haven't digged out my amiga games yet.

I just have try it and works with the touch screen, not very accurated (laggy), and you must adjust it dragging the cursor to the edges of the screen, to match stylus and the cursor. Also you can move the cursor with the wiz direction buttons (slow). I`m playing maniac mansión using the stylus right now, but its better to play that kind of games with Scummv, anyway the mouse is well emulated.

TitanUranus said:
PS. I forgot to request a way to make the screen fit better - I cant see the power bar in "Project X" or my score in "Super Obliteration". Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

For that there is "Enable HW scaling" in More options, but unluckly it doesn't work in Wiz port.

Well that's just marvelous Mr 2X. It's just so helpful knowing there's an option available that doesn't do what I need it to. Perhaps the developers could add some other options that don't actually work just to taunt me.

On a more positive note, would it be possible to use the "fullscreen" code recently implemented on Lemonboy as a solution? I'd also love to see it as an option in GPSP and other emulators.

TitanUranus said:
Well that's just marvelous Mr 2X.  It's just so helpful knowing there's an option available that doesn't do what I need it to. Perhaps the developers could add some other options that don't actually work just to taunt me.

I mean it works on GP2X version  :D It just needs to be fixed  :rolleyes:

Superman1 said:
Multi-disc
Also, in response to my question before, on that page, under Controls, it says you can put at least 2 discs in a game, not needing to eject when needed: It works, but I am not sure if 3 can be done yet (using Y or A).
B
Put the currently-selected adf into df0:
X
Put the currently-selected adf into df1:

Then you start playing the game, and these discs are loaded.

Thanks! This helps a lot! Those 880k disks don't hold much.

did anyone successfully run Wings of Fury? ATM I play the GBC version, but the Amiga version is the nicest of all (btw i don't know if the WIZ is fast enough for it)
After the trainer screen it goes to black and nothing happens :(

glezmen said:
did anyone successfully run Wings of Fury? ATM I play the GBC version, but the Amiga version is the nicest of all (btw i don't know if the WIZ is fast enough for it)
After the trainer screen it goes to black and nothing happens :(

Yep, it runs quite well on the amiga emulator.

One of my favorite shoot-em-ups is Vyper by Topdown. It's a fantastic Galaga-like game. It plays perfectly on UAE on my PC but on the Wiz it has no bullet collision detection. The enemy ships themselves can kill me on contact but not their bullets.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the cause of this or if I can somehow get that collision working because the game is useless without it on my Wiz.

Thank you

evergreen36 said:
You can find a blank adf on amigamuseum or create it with winUAE . It works for me with it came from a desert .

so if you get a blank adf then how to do save state of a game? Cheers :)

You have to use the in-game save feature, just like you would if you were sitting in front of an Amiga. The blank .adf will get put into disk drive #1 and then when you click on Save Game (er whatever) the program will think its writing to a blank Amiga disk. I've gotten this to work successfully with Pirates! and Wings and I think some others as well.

Back