Amiga Emulation?

Aninhumer said:
A suggestion, perhaps the UAE4ALL launcher should include a script to check if a kickstart rom exists, and if not, offer a file browser to select one and copy it to the right place. Perhaps even check a checksum against known working versions.
The PND system was designed to avoid the necessity of faffing about with putting files in the right places, and little things like this would go a long way to keeping it that way. :)

That was all planned before release - but you rushed it :D
I also already have Pandora-Graphics to replace the gp2x-ones... probably gonna release a new one with documentation and kick-rom check soon.

Last edited:
Well I'm very sad. I've tried numerous games with UAE and none of them do anything. I'm just landed with a black screen for ages. :'(

Just as a note to everyone, most all of the amiga stuff has come from me, uae4all, puae, and uae.
Sorry for not getting to fixing up uae4all controls fully, I just have a hard time finding the motivation to work on it, mainly cause i never was big on amiga stuff.

But that said i will try finish it up and resync to the puae and release that too.

I have it running great here. Only thing I'm missing is how to swap disks, which is kind of limiting the number of games I can actually play on it. I can get back to the disk selector screen and choose another image, but it doesn't appear to do anything. Any ideas?

SteveM said:
I have it running great here. Only thing I'm missing is how to swap disks, which is kind of limiting the number of games I can actually play on it. I can get back to the disk selector screen and choose another image, but it doesn't appear to do anything. Any ideas?

click start to bring up the screen where you can change the disk, scroll down and select run to go back into the game. Then you will need to tap the left shoulder button twice to get the next disk running. If it doesn't work switch between the controls (keyboard, joystick and mouse) using the select button until it does.

Hmm, as I'm at work i can't remember whether select and start are the other way round but you get the jist.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
sparkymark said:
Then you will need to tap the left shoulder button twice to get the next disk running.
Ah! That's what I was missing - thanks!

(And yes, start and select are the other way around.)

Can't figure out how to drop bombs in wings, most annoying :)

Also, anybody get Supercars 2 working. Trying to figure out if I have a dodge few adfs. It crashes about 15 seconds into that amaaaaaazing music. Phwoar!! Next stop magic pockets.

As a really annoying fun game for the amiga (oxymoron I know) I would recommend 5th gear.

Sorry nerdgasm over

I still don't get why it isn't working for me. I'm doing everything as expected but am just being landed with a blank screen after loading a ROM :(

Pleng said:
I still don't get why it isn't working for me. I'm doing everything as expected but am just being landed with a blank screen after loading a ROM :(

Is your kick.rom 256 or 512KB Pleng. It needs to be the big one

One of my kick.roms takes me back to the menu, the other works, but when I select a game (not sure which file to select or how exactly to do it) I get a black screen. Pandora button takes me out.

Thaaaaaaannnnnkyou!

Pinball Fantasies here I come! :D

sparkymark said:

Back and fire isnt it?
I`ll check it out and if i dont correct myself then its correct!

I love that game BTW!!! Ive never finished it though.

(edit) yup back and fire to drop bombs (you only get enough for the mission though)

Philly said:
sparkymark said:

Back and fire isnt it?
I`ll check it out and if i dont correct myself then its correct!

I love that game BTW!!! Ive never finished it though.

(edit) yup back and fire to drop bombs (you only get enough for the mission though)

Ha, brilliant, cheers

Mjlink said:
One of my kick.roms takes me back to the menu, the other works, but when I select a game (not sure which file to select or how exactly to do it) I get a black screen. Pandora button takes me out.
Anyone have a clue what's wrong here?

Same problem I had earlier in the thread I guess. The kick.rom needs to be a 512kb file, not a 256kb one.

has anyone managed to get spaceballs "state of the art" demo to run? it is a .dms file.
mine just presents me with the hand holding the workbench disc and stays there forever...

edit: actually it does the same with the new zealand story as well. ipf file.

Back