(The best of May 2012) Must have PNDs

ShleeDragon

Pro-Catflip
Hey,

My Pandora arrived last week and I've slowly been gathering a nice little collection of PNDs but I have a lot more space on my 32GB SD card

• Snes9x4P (SNES Emulation): damn good fullspeed emulation. Upscaling to 4:3 wide looks nice.
  • PicoDrive (Sega Emulation): Pretty damn good. Slight tearing in Sonic. Upscaling to 4:3 wide looks nice.
  • PCSX ReARMed (PSX Emulation): damn good emulation. Finished Spyro yesterday
  • Mupen64plus (N64 Emulation):
  • ScummVM (Adventure games):
  • Spout (abstract shooter): Awesome little game.
  • Super Geometry Dust (Arcade game): Kinda like Geometry Wars.
  • OpenDune (Strategy): re-creation of dune 2.
  • LemmingsSDL (re-creation): It's the lemmings everybody loves.

Please post your most loved PNDs (Please try to avoid double posting) What else do you guys like? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of the MAME's but as I'm into older titles I like MAME4all.

Recommended software

• Snes9x4P
  • Super Geometry Dust
  • Midori
  • Minitube
  • Frogatto
  • White Butterfly
  • Powder
  • Sqrxz3
  • VVVVVV
  • ZX Pandy

Tips

• Felt
  • PG

I need to get around to trimming PNDs off my cards :)

There's quite a few that don't work properly, or are just horrible to use. I must have about half the repo on there!

Up until the latest firmware I used Fuse (Spectrum emulator), but it's broken now.

PandaBAS is running most of the time - even though I wrote it, I tend to mess around coding on it a lot.

FBA for arcade games not supported by MAME4ALL

MAME4ALL

LemmingsSDL - can't go wrong with this, it's ace :)

The Slimy Lich Mummy - many thanks to Gruso for this one, it's a lovely little rogue-like.

Picodrive - back when I was a kid, the Amiga ruled, but the Megadrive versions of Amiga games tend to look better

Snes9X4P - Never had a SNES when I was younger, but I'm loving the games now (except for JRPGs, natch).

PandElite - 'Nuff said.

Lopan - Shanghai in the original Amiga style, though a little under-developed. Would love to get hold of the source to this and give it some love.

Forget-Me-Not - an amazing little shooter/pacman/arcade-roguelike dungeon fighter by Nyarlu Labs - I ported it, but I still play it to death :)

I also have another PND in development that I'm trying to get the control system sorted for, but it's taking a long time.

There's more, but those are the most frequent I play :)

D.

A few more time sinkers for your must-have list:

Lopan - Shanghai in the original Amiga style, though a little under-developed. Would love to get hold of the source to this and give it some love

Lopan's source code on ZX81's page: http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/categories/140-Lopan

Have fun!

Tim.

Battle for Wesnoth is a true Pandora essential IMHO, superb work from Ivanovic means this is a really first class port. At approx 300MB it should help fill up that SD card a little as well.

SGT Puzzles is worth a look if traditional puzzle games float your boat, go here for instructions on how to play the games. For me the pick of the bunch is loopy.

Good thread for when my Pandora arrives too.

Sqrxz is a good game, I played for first time the other week and it's good, not too easy though so I would also recommend checking that.

What about MiniMenu, is that part of the OS as default? Remember seeing that time ago and was something I took note of to get on mine

Sweet :) it's a good looking interface from when I see it probably a year or so ago, may have improved since.

On with the recommended PNDs, this'll be a post to return to on ownership day one

Must haves? Well, to me, ones that haven't been mentioned are:

• PolloPollo (DRM is stupid and English in the game and manual is bad, but it's a very fun game sort of like Dr. Mario)
  • DOSBox
  • B.A.L.L.Z. (very interesting game without movement controls)
  • CromoZome (unique game kind of, but not really, similar to Nibbles)
  • Scavenger (very fun to play Lode Runner clone)
  • Dino Defense (tower defense game, very fun)
  • PaperWars (turn-based strategy game)

Back