All Good Things...

gaterooze

Coltrane Sundia
Website
Visit site
All good things come to an end

Friday, 05 February 2010 03:19 EvilDragon

And I'm really sure the Pandora is a good thing.

Here are some updates for you. The guys following the boards or my twitter account will most probably know all of this already.

The Cases

The case moulds have been finished and samples were shipped. They will arrive on Monday and if all is okay, themass production of the cases can start immediately.

They can do about 1000 a day and chinese holidays do start on February 14th. Therefore, to be on the safe side, they will probably do 1000 cases and ship them to the assembly factory. Assembling and testing will take a while anyways, there will not be much time between the time when the first 1000 are finished and the next cases will be ready to ship.

The Boards

Another 1000 boards have been populated and are ready to be put into a case. Therefore, as soon as those 1000 cases do arrive, there's no reason to wait for mass production already!

Let's keep hoping all goes well!

Also, from his twitter:

Just finished some more bughunting in the current OS image today. Pretty much nailed down the "SDL Crashes X" - and similar bugs Nice :)

kingoddball said:
Username said:
Hot damn, this is indeed good news.

Username- GREEN MAN IS GOD DAMN AWESOME!!!!

I gotta be honest I'm tripping pretty hard right now... HOW LONG HAVE WE BEEN STANDING HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
shunun said:
Friday, 05 February 2010 03:19 EvilDragon

They will arrive on Monday!

How can this be confirmed?

It cant be be .. they are in transit at the mercy of UPS .. http://twitter.com/evildragon1717

If the cases are not perfect I honest to god will kidnap the presidents daughter and hold her for hostage until the cases are ready.

You have 12 hours.

:blink:

But honestly, I can wait, I sure as hell havent been waiting as long as some, I only ordered last year in October so the wait for me has been short indeed. Also having a 1 month holiday in December meant that I didnt focus on OpenPandora much(checking it daily doesnt count as much right?)

Critical_Impact said:
If the cases are not perfect I honest to god will kidnap the presidents daughter and hold her for hostage until the cases are ready.

You have 12 hours.

We saw that.

ED (sic):

Missed a few status updates of UPS it seems. Anyways, the most important (and current one).
Loc.: WINNIPEG, MB, CA --- Date: 05/02/2010, 5:46 --- Description: REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT

Fuckin' Eh! B)

antheus123 said:
So they gonna ship 1000 then rest in march after their new year?

As I understand it, they ship 1000 when they produced 1000. After that they will ship every 1000 they have produced.
The worst case would be that they produce 4000 and can't ship them before Chinese new year. So this is a better solution.

antheus123 said:
So they gonna ship 1000 then rest in march after their new year?

I think he meant ship 1000 a day. Remember, he doesn't natively speak English, so it isn't exactly clear...

clarification please!

i think they will ship 1000 between when they get the final cases and the chinese new year by then the chinese can start to send the last 3000 cases effectively making it so there is little to no delay from the new year thing because it will take that time to ship the first 1000?

Back