It Has Begun.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're making 105 in case there's a horrible design flaw that they've missed.
Nope. That's what the last five boards were for, all tested and no design flaws there.
These 105 are for checking if the quality for mass production is good enough or if the mass production company still needs to adjust a bit.

Last edited:
Nope. That's what the last five boards were for, all tested and no design flaws there.
These 105 are for checking if the quality for mass production is good enough or if the mass production company still needs to adjust a bit.
lets all hope it doesnt need adjustments :)
im getting sick of all the waiting. :(

lets all hope it doesnt need adjustments :"]
im getting sick of all the waiting. :([/quote]But isn't the waiting all part of the excitement? It's like Christmas when you're a kid, your mum tells you it's gonna be soon but it's always a looong way off :)

Yeah, it's kinda like that, only it costs lots more :D and we don't want Christmas to come around.

im already waiting, for such a long time, thats why im getting sick of it...
its just taking the crap out of me lol...its time i hold the pandora and play with it instead of watching video teasers and listen to the good and bad news.

im getting sick of all the waiting. :([/quote]But isn't the waiting all part of the excitement? It's like Christmas when you're a kid, your mum tells you it's gonna be soon but it's always a looong way off :"]
[/quote]Except that a little kid would cry if their mother told them that they had to pay a large sum of money to cover Santa's fees. ;P

-God Ginrai

im getting sick of all the waiting. :( [/quote]But isn't the waiting all part of the excitement? It's like Christmas when you're a kid, your mum tells you it's gonna be soon but it's always a looong way off :"] [/quote]No, it isn't like Christmas, as Christmas has a fixed date and doesn't keep getting further away, in the literal sense.

Back on-topic:
I'm wondering if the manufacturing facility will have the ability to run some of the tests prior to shipping them back to the team members. Like, if they have the same test image that you guys do so that they can check this stuff as they go, and perhaps save several weeks of time, if they find a problem and can fix it themselves?

But isn't the waiting all part of the excitement? It's like Christmas when you're a kid, your mum tells you it's gonna be soon but it's always a looong way off :"]
[/quote]Except that a little kid would cry if their mother told them that they had to pay a large sum of money to cover Santa's fees. ;P[/quote]-God Ginrai

My mum told me that the Fairy on the tree was watching us and if we were bad she would tell Santa and then no toys. Gawd we fell for it! It's a wonder my mum never put the tree up in February LMAO!!!!!!

No, it isn't like Christmas, as Christmas has a fixed date and doesn't keep getting further away, in the literal sense.
Back on-topic:
I'm wondering if the manufacturing facility will have the ability to run some of the tests prior to shipping them back to the team members. Like, if they have the same test image that you guys do so that they can check this stuff as they go, and perhaps save several weeks of time, if they find a problem and can fix it themselves?

I think you missed the point, when you're young time is a lot different than when you're an adult. My grandfather had a theory about this: It's all about how old you are, i.e. to a 4 year old 2 years is half your life! But to a 20 year old, 10 years is half their life and therefore a singe year appears shorter to the 20 year old compared to how it seems to a 4 year old. When you are a child a year seems to take forever to pass and Christmas takes sooo long to arrive, but to your mum who keeps telling you soon, she really means it!

I think you missed the point, when you're young time is a lot different than when you're an adult. My grandfather had a theory about this: It's all about how old you are, i.e. to a 4 year old 2 years is half your life! But to a 20 year old, 10 years is half their life and therefore a singe year appears shorter to the 20 year old compared to how it seems to a 4 year old. When you are a child a year seems to take forever to pass and Christmas takes sooo long to arrive, but to your mum who keeps telling you soon, she really means it!
So...you're telling us that if we were young, the interminable wait for the Pandora would actually feel MUCH LONGER than it does already? Yikes!

I saw a surprise book by my favourite author once, in a book store somewhere between September and December, and said "Oooh, I'm having that!". My wife stepped in and said "yup - I'll even buy it for you!".

When we got home, I discovered it had become a Christmas gift, so I couldn't have it until December. The 25th thereof, no less! that was cruel and unusual, but at least the day DID eventually come, and it was only a few months late.

Pandora FEELS much later than that book. Am I getting younger?

But isn't the waiting all part of the excitement? It's like Christmas when you're a kid, your mum tells you it's gonna be soon but it's always a looong way off :"]
Except that a little kid would cry if their mother told them that they had to pay a large sum of money to cover Santa's fees. ;P[/quote]-God Ginrai[/quote]My mum told me that the Fairy on the tree was watching us and if we were bad she would tell Santa and then no toys. Gawd we fell for it! It's a wonder my mum never put the tree up in February LMAO!!!!!!

No, it isn't like Christmas, as Christmas has a fixed date and doesn't keep getting further away, in the literal sense.

Back on-topic:

It's to do with body size and metabolism and reaction times. Flies only live for one day(IIRC) but they perceive things at a much quicker rate than us, which is why they are buggers to splat... but anyway their lifetime is a lifetime because their perception of time is different from ours...
blah I know what I mean anyways. Generally the smaller the creature, the quicker the reactions, faster metabolism and shorter lifespan.

*shuts up now.*

Way off topic, but my mother was telling me that studies were done showing that older people actually perceive time to pass more quickly. That it's an actual physiological change in how the brain functions. If true this has a somewhat chilling ramification that if you consider the amount of time you perceive to be a measure of how many years you live then maybe you're already done with most of it well before you're middle aged.

Heh, my thoughts exactly! If I wanted it to be even more pleasant when it arrives, I'd stop looking at the blog and boards altogether, so it would be the ultimate surprise. I don't think I have the willpower, though.

The nice part is that the money is already spent a long time ago. When it comes around it will feel like a free gadget. :"]
Heh, my thoughts exactly! If I wanted it to be even more pleasant when it arrives, I'd stop looking at the blog and boards altogether, so it would be the ultimate surprise. I don't think I have the willpower, though.[/quote]
must resist clicking, must not look at unofficial blog, UPS blog aaaaaaa

cat_eyes_seen-unseen.jpg

Way off topic, but my mother was telling me that studies were done showing that older people actually perceive time to pass more quickly. That it's an actual physiological change in how the brain functions. If true this has a somewhat chilling ramification that if you consider the amount of time you perceive to be a measure of how many years you live then maybe you're already done with most of it well before you're middle aged.
Damn, I'm only 28, but time already seems to be passing a lot quicker. I bet my grandmas (both over 90) wake up in the morning and wonder "WTF, it's my birthday again!?" (Well, probably not WTF :))

Damn, I'm only 28, but time already seems to be passing a lot quicker. I bet my grandmas (both over 90) wake up in the morning and wonder "WTF, it's my birthday again!?" (Well, probably not WTF :)"]
[/quote]oh blimy ;)

I am also 28 and it seems to be like that when I was a child summervacation seemed to last about as long as the rest of the year. Now its over before I can blink.

I'm pretty sure that biologically speaking your brain slows as you get older, so if you think of this like a cpu then a faster one can do more number crunching in the same amount of time as a slower one, affecting your perception of time passing. IIRC it's tied in to your heart-beat and kids have a faster heartbeart which slows down with age - apparently all mammals have about the same amount of heartbeats in a lifetime, which explains why something tiny like a mouse appears to think at light-speed.

I'm pretty sure that biologically speaking your brain slows as you get older, so if you think of this like a cpu then a faster one can do more number crunching in the same amount of time as a slower one, affecting your perception of time passing. IIRC it's tied in to your heart-beat and kids have a faster heartbeart which slows down with age - apparently all mammals have about the same amount of heartbeats in a lifetime, which explains why something tiny like a mouse appears to think at light-speed.
Other reasons aside, I suggest it's down to the number of compulsory 'events' in your day. As you get older you have to take responsibility for more and more, and there is less 'me' time. When you're a kid, the hours seem to creep by because you have no control over the 'when' and anticipate mealtimes, holidays and special occasions with impatience because they're beyond your control and (most usually) don't require your input. Fast forward the years, and you have to earn your keep, clean your home, cook your own meals, buy your own crap. Your friends are less available to you. The stuff you took for granted now occupies the free time you used to spend watching the clock waiting for it to happen. A whole day can pass just trying to do the stuff that just used to 'happen' around you. So time appears to compress because so little of it can be wasted, like flaking out watching cartoons while dinner gets made.

This is why unemployment has it's upside. :)

Back