Alive and Kicking Coding Competition Rules

maybe I can rush to finish some of my started projects (if my boss finally tells me when I'll have my holydays...)

maybe I can rush to finish some of my started projects (if my boss finally tells me when I'll have my holydays...)
 What are these projects about?
An upgrade to BTDUN (still not working properly), a little "rom management suite", a mass compressed archive changer, an unmounter for SD/USB storages (an older version it's still around on the forum), an upgrade for HTTrack, finishing the "plugin system" and the new interface for the Compatibility List Wiki Helper (and also make it write directly on the wiki), etc...

I have a lot of unfinished things... I just can't find the will to start a single project and just finish it before something else... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I would partecipate...but i still didn't have found a good project to port (the only thing i could do..as i'm not a programmer)

You can easily port Java Games with the Java PND.
Or usefull Software.
I need as example ProjectX Video Cutting Software.
Or you find a Freeware Flashgames Package.
Or some old Games for porting with Codeblocks or CdevTools.
I miss a Ngage Emulator or a Java4me Emulator which mean you can play mostly old Java Games from the old Mobile Phones.
Or you can release a Backround Picture installer for Noobs to change Backroundpictures in the Pandora OS more easily.
Or a Software who you can use USB Irda Stick to remote TVs,Receivers and others.
Or for Fun a XFcE Windows XP Theme ;)
Or a Pandora Software who after Compiling and Cpu go into Idle Mode then Shut the Pandora automatic down after Compiling/Videotranscoding or whatever.

So much Ideas ;)

Sometimes response Tapatalk here not the return Key.
When that happen again will i try to correct that Post @ Home

I miss a Ngage Emulator
I am not sure, whether something like this exist. However it would be quite hard to implement.First of all you need to emulate the phone. This don't have to be the n-gage, could also be the e.g. the Siemens SX1. There were plenty phones with series 60 at this time. I myself played n-gage games on my Siemens phone.

However you would need to get symbian with series 60, which might be quite hard, I think...

I used ProjectX video editor on PC @ home but i think is very CPU intensive ..so not very usable on Pandora.

I still want to find a good game/app to port (but not a simple port/repackaging..as is a competition..so easy port is allowed but surely don't win...and i wanna try to win...or at least finish second after PtitSeb ;) )

I used ProjectX video editor on PC @ home but i think is very CPU intensive ..so not very usable on Pandora.
I still want to find a good game/app to port (but not a simple port/repackaging..as is a competition..so easy port is allowed but surely don't win...and i wanna try to win...or at least finish second after PtitSeb ;) )
I think its very easy possible.
I use often ProjectX and ProjectX doesnt convert Videos,it does only cleaning from other Streams inside the Container and cutting.
Its more like a Multiplexer Software.
I am shure its easy to port and does not need so much Cpu Power.
More a USB HDD.
When you want can i try it this Evening shortly and when it work,can you port it and release it ;)

I am shure that it works because i got it run in the kastrated/slowdowned Other OS Linux on PS3 and it worked there fine.
It work even on a 700MHZ Pentium fine here.

Then have we a Project for you ;)

Or maybe a second Entry from me :p

I would love to see a Remote Controll Software for Usb Irda Sticks for TVs or Receiver.

Pandora as Universal Remote Control.

I would love to see a Remote Controll Software for Usb Irda Sticks for TVs or Receiver.

Pandora as Universal Remote Control.
^ this

I know there is already at least a project made for Linux around the internet, but I don't remember the name

That would be a cool Function for the Pandora to Remote TV/Dvb Receivers/DvdPlayers and more per IR.

I hope you renember that Project.

Just tested ProjectX (quick run only no demuxing for now) and i must say that it start fine.

The only negative thing is the GUI that is too big for the 800x480 pandora resolution...and maybe the high RAM needed to work.

I am Glad because the Ending of the Competition will be in February.
I have in January much more Time for finishing the Entire Project.
So no Time Pressure ;)

Farox wrote:
Just tested ProjectX (quick run only no demuxing for now) and i must say that it start fine.
The only negative thing is the GUI that is too big for the 800x480 pandora resolution...and maybe the high RAM needed to work.

Thx for testing it i was yesterdy very very much tired from work.
I dont think the Ram is a Problem,in Emergency can we use Swap.
I tested it long Time ago under Slackware and there was the Gui Size Problem too.
Maybe you find a way to reduce it a little.
Or you can open it stretched in a seperate SDL Screen.
But i dont know anything about that.

Hope my Tapatalk Post looks fine.
Tapatalk make me little angry last Times because i press Enter but in the finished Post is no Enter rekognized.

Ok i'm experimenting.

Building the java sources its working (with my version of java pnd that is able to repackage see here why you need this)

I have fixed behaviour of start page and about page, that was easy (wrong start x and y coords) but no fix (for now) at the MainPage. 

I will try to participate in the original game category. I don't really have any free time in December because of work so I'm glad it runs until February. I have a few ideas but right now I'm not sure which one I will go for. I just pray I will be able to make the deadline.

It's ironic I started learning programming languages to make games for this handheld alone before it was even out, didn't end up getting one until last year and still nothing released to the public. Will 2014 finally be the year for me when I release something? :)

I have several secret projects in progress and may try to get something working until the deadline, but they're very challenging and have potential to take infinite time to finish..

I have several secret projects in progress and may try to get something working until the deadline, but they're very challenging and have potential to take infinite time to finish..
Mmmm. notaz working on something secret sounds good :)  

Well, in case you don't make it on time, please disclose what you are working on later on :)

Back