Alive and Kicking Coding Competition Rules

A couple of questions:

There is no logo yet, at least not on the 1st post. I assume a mention of the "Alive and Kicking Coding Competition Pandora 2013/2014" can be ok for now ?

Is that ok to enter multiple time on multiple categories ?

(if yes, I can put the next cannonball+layout, the level editor, in the competition, even if layout is a separate PND, it's build to work with cannonball and wont launch without it).

A couple of questions:

There is no logo yet, at least not on the 1st post. I assume a mention of the "Alive and Kicking Coding Competition Pandora 2013/2014" can be ok for now ?

Is that ok to enter multiple time on multiple categories ?

(if yes, I can put the next cannonball+layout, the level editor, in the competition, even if layout is a separate PND, it's build to work with cannonball and wont launch without it).
Logo is on the way, but a simple text mention is enough as well :)

OK to enter multiple times in multiple categories, of course :)

EDIT: I clarified these points in the competition rules on the first page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i think i will release a biiig Dosgames PND with many ready to play Freeware Games which uses Qemu in the Backround.

Will opening a new Thread soon with a List of Games and everyone can post there Ideas and suggestions for more Games in a PND.

I think this will be the first Multigame PND on the Repo :)

Most of my as Qemu images released Games will be in and you all can post in the new soon Thread your Ideas too.

But only Freeware Games,Shareware Games and Demoversions.

Example:

Elite Freeware,

Command and Conquer Freeware,

Terminal Velocity Demoversion,

Many Jump and Runs,

Many free Poind and Click Games like Bifi Action in Hollywood...

...you can post hints soon for more Games ;)

But don't forget to have a look at the redistribution rules of the license of your games!

Even when a game is freeware, that doesn't mean, that everyone can host this game on their own website. ;)

Even when a game is freeware, that doesn't mean, that everyone can host this game on their own website. ;)
True, but maybe you can at least propose an automatic downloader based on the acceptance of the license ? (just like for Dune Dynasty). However this may conflict with the idea of making a ready-made Qemu image...

Ok i think i will release a biiig Dosgames PND with many ready to play Freeware Games which uses Qemu in the Backround.

Will opening a new Thread soon with a List of Games and everyone can post there Ideas and suggestions for more Games in a PND.

I think this will be the first Multigame PND on the Repo :)

Most of my as Qemu images released Games will be in and you all can post in the new soon Thread your Ideas too.

But only Freeware Games,Shareware Games and Demoversions.

Example:

Elite Freeware,

Command and Conquer Freeware,

Terminal Velocity Demoversion,

Many Jump and Runs,

Many free Poind and Click Games like Bifi Action in Hollywood...

...you can post hints soon for more Games ;)
Ingo, all games that You proposed will be included in my DosBox EX installers soon.. 

Almost all games will play with fullspeed on dosbox ex.

Only one i know that are not suitable for dosbox ex are: screamer tombraider

Almost all games will play with fullspeed on dosbox ex.

Only one i know that are not suitable for dosbox ex are: screamer tombraider
+ Cybermage

+ Systemshock

+ Elder Scrolls - Daggerfall

+ Redneck Rampage

They all run quite slow, but this should not be a problem with QEMU or the successor to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
+ blood

It would be awesome if you add these games on shareware/demo license

Chasm the rift

Blood

Redneck rampage

Terminator future shock / skynet

Elder Scolls Arena work fine but it work only proberly with MS Dos and unfortunaly not with DRDos or Freedos.

Elder Scrolls Daggerfall work much too slow,you can find a Video about that in my Youtube Account.

Screamer is on 1 GHZ Pandora possible to play like Whipsplash.

3D Engine Games have in Qemu often Resolution errors then Blood will not work proberly.

One of the Games who work better than Dosbox is The Riddle of Master Lu.

The Games Downloading Idea is nice maybe i get Network working under Dr Dos with the Emulated Ne2000 Adapter.

Its right,i must reread Things because Copyright in Freeware Games,because i dont want any Problem in the Future with that.

There are much Games to Try/to optimize Settings for Qemu and Yes some Games run in Qemu better and some in Dosbox.

We have full Adlib support in Qemu for the older Games and the Game Stunts use that.

Stunts run better than in Dosbox too.

Hmm i readed that someone other release a nearly Thing?

Okay more Games are ever good and the Users can choose what they want ;)

I love X86 Emulation Things ;)

A new Thread with this and more discussion about that will be open from me soon.

I have an idea for some usability utility that crossed my mind some months ago already, but I didn't get to play around with the Pandora for the last weeks.

Let's see if I find some time.

One of my projects is underway, not going to post about it just yet though.

It's going to be under the "New Game" category, though I'm kind of pinching ideas and (currently) graphics

4. Selected members from the OpenPandora Boards will be judges for each entry in the category (in case of ties), and popular votes will be the key way to decide the winners.
Any news on that?

Back