Agh! Royal Fail!

Prometheus

So, I sent out my Pandora again yesterday, by Royal Mail Special Delivery. For those outside of the UK, this service is supposed to guarantee delivery before 1pm the next day.

I heard from Jacquelyn a while after the allotted delivery time had passed, to say that it had not yet arrived. I wasn't able to respond until after office hours to ask whether or not it had arrived later, and Royal Mail's "Track & Trace" service claimed that it had been delivered before 1pm (which going on past experience, I honestly doubt :p). Now I won't be able to find out whether it got there safely until Monday!

Of course, it's insured, which is good - although if it has gone "missing" I suppose I'd have to wait until the second batch to be able to purchase a replacement. Team, I think a bit of your poor luck might have rubbed off on me this time! :lol:

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off of my mind. Well, that, and say: ARGH!!

:p

ARRRGH!

I feel your pain!

Oh wait I don't, I'm at the end of the first batch queue. :(

But, hope it works out for you mate!

Yeah, I know. :lol:

It is claiming it got to you guys from their West Newcastle delivery office, at least, which I'm assuming is the right one, so I guess I won't worry too much about it.

You think you guys have it bad...

The bastards stole the money from my birthday card this week. They then had the audacity to deliver the card, along with the ripped-open envelope in a sealed bag that apologised for the item being damaged.

Damaged?! Fuck off you thieving cunts.

Ugh, that's vile. And here was me getting a bit annoyed that they've failed to deliver some fabric on time for my next project (my other gripe with them at this time :p). I'd be absolutely livid if they pinched stuff from me (thankfully I've never experienced that).

A (belated?) Happy Birthday to you, at least. :)

Prometheus said:
Ugh, that's vile. And here was me getting a bit annoyed that they've failed to deliver some fabric on time for my next project (my other gripe with them at this time :p ). I'd be absolutely livid if they pinched stuff from me (thankfully I've never experienced that).

A (belated?) Happy Birthday to you, at least. :)

Not my birthday yet, but you know how people are with sending cards early...

I'd rather they hadn't given me the opened card. Receiving that was just insulting.

From what I gather, Royal Mail are legally protected from any responsibility to actually deliver mail. I believe they are also allowed to open letters and so forth. Stealing on the other hand... criminal surely?

I'm dead curious how they knew money was in there. Seriously... how?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends if it was a card with a very birthday-cardy-looking envelope, I guess... :/

SomeGuy99 said:
I'm dead curious how they knew money was in there. Seriously... how?
It was a card and people frequently send money by card. They probably "damaged" a couple dozen cards that day. Maybe yours was the only one with money, maybe a bunch had money, maybe some days none of them have money; it doesn't matter because no one can stop them. :(

Prometheus said:
Depends if it was a card with a very birthday-cardy-looking envelope, I guess... :/

Well it never happened to me before. I normally don't get cards with money in them... I did heavily warn against it.

I should tell the Queen about these scum. Her little portrait watched the whole thing as it happened!

I did suggest a postal order, but if you think about it... how sad that we need that? By offering them, Royal Mail are basically admitting they can't help but steal your money.

Oh my gracious. Craig, you employ some wonderful people, you really do.

I just checked my inbox and found an e-mail from Jacquelyn timestamped just an hour ago (as in, almost midnight!), to let me know that my Pandora did indeed arrive safely!

Wahey! :)

On a semi-related note, I just now got the Royal Fail joke!

HA!

Sorry, we don't call it Royal Mail here. Plus, it's 4:20.

- trix

Prometheus said:
Oh my gracious. Craig, you employ some wonderful people, you really do.

I just checked my inbox and found an e-mail from Jacquelyn timestamped just an hour ago (as in, almost midnight!), to let me know that my Pandora did indeed arrive safely!

Wahey! :)

Wait, what happened to your second Pandora?

I'm still waiting on my second. Been 16 days so far. :(

SomeGuy99 said:
Same as the first - the nub tolerance problem. :p I'm not bothered, though - I was prepared for early adopter teething troubles (after all, I had a GP2X, and the early adoption problems I experienced with that were considerably worse :p).

@trix - Thanks. :D I'm glad it's gotten there. And I really can't express how grateful I am to Jacquelyn for letting me know that it did, so very late at night!

Prometheus said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Same as the first - the nub tolerance problem. :p I'm not bothered, though - I was prepared for early adopter teething troubles (after all, I had a GP2X, and the early adoption problems I experienced with that were considerably worse :p ).

@trix - Thanks. :D I'm glad it's gotten there. And I really can't express how grateful I am to Jacquelyn for letting me know that it did, so very late at night!

You're kidding me right? :eek:

I discussed this with somebody recently, and I stated that my limit is two returns. If my (hypothetical) third Pandora get's a fault, I'm putting the fourth one on Ebay until they start building reliable units.

Like I said, I experienced the GP2X. :lol: (Ironically, when Craig and crew sorted things out with that in their usual excellent fashion, the screens GPH were using in their second batch gave me blinding migraines, so I had no choice but to sell up.)

I'm in this for the long run, because frankly I cannot live without my Pandora, as it's too useful in my daily life. :p

Prometheus said:
Like I said, I experienced the GP2X. :lol: (Ironically, when Craig and crew sorted things out with that in their usual excellent fashion, the screens GPH were using in their second batch gave me blinding migraines, so I had no choice but to sell up.)

I'm in this for the long run, because frankly I cannot live without my Pandora, as it's too useful in my daily life. :p

You're effectively admitting to being a hopeless addict, and you'll put up with anything? Interesting...

:)

Back