Advertisement Contest

I'm totally up for this, if there're (GP2X) prizes involved, expect something special! :)

Ideas for prizes:
1. Could be paid by entry fee(small amount per add) or just donations of small amounts. You'd get your money back if you win by getting the prize.
2. SD card minimum of 512mb (about £20) feeling really genorous then 1gb or 2
3. Case, headphones, rechargable battery, some kind of starter pack for the GP2x.
4. Maybe get a sponsor (Craigx) have all ads contain his website, he get publisity and you get a free prize.

Maybe you can have Gurus as judges? That way there are more votes but also counters the 'fixed' votes.

The problem is when a Guru submits an entry as well...

May I suggest http://www.imageshack.us as an image host? :) You don't need to register, and it even allows you to post a little thumbnail for use on forums! Perhaps you could edit that into your original post, OrR?

BTW, so far ALL of the image links in this thread have been broken. So if you're reading this and you posted an image, it's a broken link (that includes the one in the 1st post).

Esn posted on Sep 29 2005 at 06:02 PM said:
BTW, so far ALL of the image links in this thread have been broken. So if you're reading this and you posted an image, it's a broken link (that includes the one in the 1st post).

I can still see those pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravnos posted on Sep 30 2005 at 12:14 AM said:
Esn posted on Sep 29 2005 at 06:02 PM said:

I can still see those pics.
Wow, I can see them also now. :blink: Strange...

P.S. I think that the staff of GP32X should add a link to the GP2X FAQ (the one linked in my sig) to a link on the main page. We're going to be getting a lot of newbies soon, especially if this advertising thing works. The only GP2X FAQ link that's there right now links to GPH's support forum, which is really not a good idea (the link is in the GP2X info section).

Last edited by a moderator:
advertcopy8sw.jpg

^my little attempt

two points-

a) The disclaimer- The second part seems unnecessary and takes up too much space so I didnt include it. :eek: sorry

B) the tear off bits at the bottom seem inappropriate for this advert. The sort of people interested are likely to have internet access and the name is not exactly hard to remember. a quick google will have them in the right place.

Heres something I put together quickly tonight. I wanted to get some oppinions before I finished it.

gpx2flyerpreview9za.jpg

Obviously text will go beside the images to describe the different functions and I will probably put the specs at the bottom next the black unit. Thanks :ph34r:

OMG Ninjia that is awsome, after you finish that I am going to hang it up in my locker!
One thing is though that the pictures seem to small, I am not crazy about the spider man picture (because it is not "in movie" and just artwork) have no clue about the 3rd one nor the first one.

BUT IT IS AWSOME!

oh yeah and the black gp2x seems squished. (strech it out)

Keep it up!

ninjia, that's nice, but misleading. it won't play ps2 games >=]

oh yeah, i like that "sick of sony?" :^)

It might not play ps2 games, but if this is chosen to be the winning advert, he could change the pics in no time...

P.S. nice avatar Ninjia, always liked akira... :)

Sorry I should have said all the pics are just temporary to show the layout (basically I used whatever was in My Pictures Folder lol) Maybe I can use a picture of Anna from GPH rather than the render, you think she'd be up for a photo shoot ;) Anyway thanks for the feedback I'll do some more with it tonight.

Back