Advertisement Contest

declaration posted on Sep 30 2005 at 07:16 PM said:
a) The disclaimer- The second part seems unnecessary and takes up too much space so I didnt include it. :eek: sorry

B) the tear off bits at the bottom seem inappropriate for this advert. The sort of people interested are likely to have internet access and the name is not exactly hard to remember. a quick google will have them in the right place.
a) I think the second part is useful... and it's short... :p
b) Sure, you can easily google it. But will you remember it? It will be out of your mind before you get home. If you find a small pice of paper in your jeans pocket it's more likely that you will really do some research.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be interesting if we could sponsor some sort of competition to be featured on that small piece of paper.

Coming to gp32x.de or gbax.com and entering a competition will be a huge incentive- just make sure it's not a competition to "win a GP2x" because that sort-of shoots you in the foot. Maybe a promotional code to "Win a 1gb SD card with your GP2x purchase".

I sort of like the girl (name slips my mind) even though she is from fianl fantasy x-2, and the gp2x does not play that.

I say but a hot girl there, at the least :p

I haven't had time to do anything yet. Comming soon...

I am enthusiastic. It is not the lack of enthusiasm just the lack of time. I DO have something started and it will be done but it may take a few days. I am using a vector based drawing program so it will print at the maximum resolution of your printer.

WoD posted on Oct 8 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
GP2x Advert

Okay, here's my serious submission.

Thats REALLY awsome, think this one is going in my locker.

The only thing I have against it is that it says gp2x.co.uk and not gp32z.com (I live in the USA, thats why) other then that it is awsome.

PS what is that game on the screen?

Damn, WoD that's really well done!

Would like to see a new version of that ad once we get pics of the final production design

WoD posted on Oct 9 2005 at 01:33 AM said:
GP2x Advert

Okay, here's my serious submission.

I think it is quite good; the design is nice, clean... crisp...
However. The GP2 logo you designed looks kinda like a more rounded version of the font use for PS2 and PSP.. and are you allowed to mention emulators? I would have thought companies would go ballistic! And it's not very.. hmmm.. 'out there', wacky, weird, zany. Perfect for the US I suppose..

Well, emulators themselves are (generally, in most countries) 100% legal. And since GPH isn't actually producing, distributing or selling the emulators... ;) There's no problem.

For all you Americans out there I will produce a gp32z version with the correct domain for your area.

As for the GP2X logo- it's exactly the same as the one pictured on the unit in the concept shots, or close anyway, I just spent ages drawing it in vector format.

In the spirit of good sportsmanship I can offer the vector format logo and the icons out in Fireworks png format to anyone who wants to use them- I'll get a png up this evening along with the US advertisement. Took a while to redraw them so they might as well get used.

Okay.. I had a spare moment and did them-
Advert US

Icons/Logo

Back