Official Gph Contest Dead?

J201605

Website
google.com
i dont know if this is a stupid question, but though the community contest is in a few months, is the official gph contest still happening, according to there website the deadline is today, is any1 actually submitting games to it

PokeParadox posted on Oct 2 2006 at 07:27 AM said:
I would have been... but we are not ready... lol

The GPH website says this about unifinished projects:

Even if your project isn't finished at deadline, you may submit it as many products in version 0.8 or 0.9 are a lot superior to others in version 2.0 ! The jury will not give you a bad point for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
doc5avage posted on Oct 1 2006 at 10:56 PM said:
PokeParadox posted on Oct 2 2006 at 07:27 AM said:
I would have been... but we are not ready... lol

The GPH website says this about unifinished projects:

Even if your project isn't finished at deadline, you may submit it as many products in version 0.8 or 0.9 are a lot superior to others in version 2.0 ! The jury will not give you a bad point for it.
Of course. :blink:

Unless there was overwhelming Korean or Spanish response it sounds like it was pretty much a disaster... I hope no one entered, so GPH can keep their 5 grand to spend on something useful, like revising the GP2X.

Epicenter posted on Oct 2 2006 at 08:18 AM said:
Unless there was overwhelming Korean or Spanish response it sounds like it was pretty much a disaster... I hope no one entered, so GPH can keep their 5 grand to spend on something useful, like revising the GP2X.

Donate it to the community comp! WOOT!

so does ANYONE know of ANYONE AT ALL who entered, because ittl be funny if they end up giving 5 grand to sum1 for like a crappy frogger clone due to the lack of entries

Jackd posted on Oct 1 2006 at 07:34 PM said:
so does ANYONE know of ANYONE AT ALL who entered, because ittl be funny if they end up giving 5 grand to sum1 for like a crappy frogger clone due to the lack of entries
They only want original games.

OMars posted on Oct 2 2006 at 01:57 AM said:
Jackd posted on Oct 1 2006 at 07:34 PM said:
They only want original games.

so they want a time machine to go back 50 years and take entries from all the new games coming out? because thats the only way you'll get an original game these days.

Paradox posted on Oct 1 2006 at 09:44 PM said:
so they want a time machine to go back 50 years and take entries from all the new games coming out? because thats the only way you'll get an original game these days.
Shut your mouth

Q.E.D.

- Alex

there is a theory that in music, nothing was orginal after the 10th year of commercialized rock and roll (or something like that, but thats the jist). Id assume this would apply to video games as well.

Lupin posted on Oct 2 2006 at 12:12 AM said:
there is a theory that in music, nothing was orginal after the 10th year of commercialized rock and roll (or something like that, but thats the jist). Id assume this would apply to video games as well.
I don't that's true for either.

That rock artist used a guitar and drums like Kiss did. Fuck that no talent ripoff rock artist.

There's conflict in this video game. Mario had that. Fuck this game.

From the official GPH site.

Thank you for your participation in the 1st GP2X Game and Application Development Contest.

We were extremely happy that manay participants successfully completed and submitted their programs.

The filing period ended as of yesterday. We will examine the candidates until October 31st, and announce the winner on November 1st.

Once again, the members of GPH appreciate your special interests in GP2X and effort.
Best Regards.

Well, I hope something good comes out of it, as it would be nice to see some more commercial games on the system, as noted the contest me and Magnus are running is for free homebrew type games. Anyway whatever happends between the two contets, we all will get some great games from it :)

Back