Advertisement Contest

Macbeth posted on Oct 18 2005 at 02:24 PM said:
Somehow, I really, really doubt that using a religious figure for a Korean handheld games console would go down well in Eastern Countries. Especially one that suggests he kills kittens. ... Or maybe I'm just being too politically correct... although it's true, could start a war.. just make an advert with cute kittens, dogs, and beautiful women in strappy tops, THEN you've got yourself a winning console.
One word:
Cosplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cosplay? I doubt it! I would love to one day, but at the moment, I am Larry Flint; Skint. Don't make any jokes about Helen Hunt.
An----yway, here is a less-offensive, more in-your-face sort of advert..
advert8mk.jpg

Ta-da! P.S. Why oh WHY does the console read GpX2? And the forums read 2X..

Empyre - nice poster skills. Sadly, I think it would be lost on Koreans. They eat kittens don't they - or is that dogs ?

Buddy Christ, that's a good one :lol:

I see you've been inspired by the same thread as me. Mine's not even half serious either ;)
I was going to add a lower part with information as well but got bored.

handheldofgod29gv.jpg

digitaljez posted on Oct 18 2005 at 01:57 PM said:
Empyre - nice poster skills. Sadly, I think it would be lost on Koreans. They eat kittens don't they - or is that dogs ?

It is a *JOKE* :rolleyes: You actually think he was serious? Come on..

DaveC posted on Oct 18 2005 at 03:21 PM said:
digitaljez posted on Oct 18 2005 at 01:57 PM said:
Empyre - nice poster skills.  Sadly, I think it would be lost on Koreans.  They eat kittens don't they - or is that dogs ?

It is a *JOKE* :rolleyes: You actually think he was serious? Come on..

This was also a *JOKE* :rolleyes: You actually think I was serious? Come on..

I think craigix should make some. I liked the ones that he made for the GP32:

gp32hitlerbycraigix0db.jpg

thegp32klanbycraigixb0qv.jpg

:D
The GP32 is serious about sending a message of white supremacy. What message does the GP2X send?

/don't flame me, I'm only kidding. ;)

Yes, it would look better if those icons occupied only about half the space (make them smaller) and the GP2X occupied the other half (make it larger and more visible).

Also, maybe you should replace "photos" with "emulators" (after all, it can't take photos, it can only show them).

Replace it with pictures and you even avoid all the things about "should we put the word emulator in an advert because Ninty might sit up and take not" things. Or homebrew would also work.

Esn posted on Oct 23 2005 at 01:03 AM said:
Also at maybe you should replace "photos" with "emulators" (after all, it can't take photos, it can only show them).

Well it can't take movies either, so what do you want to do about that? I think it is good the way it is. (just the labels)

Tobriand posted on Oct 23 2005 at 07:33 AM said:
Replace it with pictures and you even avoid all the things about "should we put the word emulator in an advert because Ninty might sit up and take not" things. Or homebrew would also work.

Or be a little clever bout the way you imply emulation. In my ad I called it "retro" and homebrew games.

WoD, that ad looks awesome =) I do have one minor gripe though - that screenshot on the device is from Quake3, which I can't see running on the GP2X unless someone writes a software renderer for it (Quake3 has always required hardware opengl accelleration). If the only thing I saw about the GP2X was that ad, the screen would lead me to believe it has such accelleration. If you're going for an FPS shot, Quake1, Doom, Heretic, Hexen, or Duke Nukem 3d would be more appropriate since those are much more likely to actually run on the machine.

Oh yeah, is there any idea on when the deadline for a submission might be? If my schoolwork lets up for a weekend I might just dust of The Gimp and have a go at it =)

Cheers,
OCA|

Back