Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

zu894nql96b51.jpg

I read somewhere userbenchmark was sponsored by Intel, so multi-core only weights a fraction in the benchmark compared to single core performance for example.
Today I compared two AMD processors and I expected the latest model to be faster but to my surprise the older one was 1% 'faster' according to their benchmark.

Obviously these processors perform the same, the right one might even be a bit faster!
amd_compare.jpg
Even from the thumbnail you can see the left one looks to have an advantage.

Are you sure? Having read all of that it seems it was a real post on indeed-dot-com but the company name used to post it was fake. I'm not sure that particularly added to its absurdity.

that was pretty much one of our kids this morning. came in silently, stood by the bed, and scared the bejesus out of my spouse...

Not sure if the right thread but personally I find Google’s AI pretty absurd, in the sense that if I play a ~700 song Sinatra playlist on YouTube in the background whilst I’m busy working around the house for example, it surely is not very “intelligent” of the AI to keep pausing it every few songs - sometimes even in the middle of a song - to force me to respond as to whether I want the music to continue playing...as if I want to do this for a ~700 song playlist! :-||

I don’t suppose anyone here might know how to disable this setting, or know anyone at Google who could get rid of this absurd feature altogether?

The ads are bad enough (I’m not paying Google more to remove them) and it’s not like I’m engaging with any ads by requiring me to return to my phone every few minutes.

he AI to keep pausing it every few songs - sometimes even in the middle of a song - to force me to respond as to whether I want the music to continue playing...
It's to confirm you are still watching, and if you are, then the commercial space goes up a tier and is more expensive.

Not sure if the right thread but personally I find Google’s AI pretty absurd, in the sense that if I play a ~700 song Sinatra playlist on YouTube in the background whilst I’m busy working around the house for example, it surely is not very “intelligent” of the AI to keep pausing it every few songs - sometimes even in the middle of a song - to force me to respond as to whether I want the music to continue playing...as if I want to do this for a ~700 song playlist! :-||
Buy these:

That gets you Come Fly with Me, but Fly me to the moon is pretty essential too if you ask me, and they seem to be making it hard to get hold of in a compilation, so you seem to be best going for the original:

Then rip them and stick them on a disc, or rely on Amazon's autorip if you can put up with those. It's not quite 700 songs, in fact it's less thank half of that. But still, I'd find it hard to listen to 11 CDs in a day personally. And I personally value my own data that I can do what I want with over a service that advertises to you, interrupts you and tracks you.

@FBnil Sneaky! So there’s no way to turn it off without either paying Google more, or ceasing use of YouTube? Thanks for the explanation!

Back