Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

i'm proudly an organ donor. not gonna need those where i'm going.

of course, if you come to collect before i'm gone, i'll be a little less receptive.

my kids'll just have to find some way to make it on their own, i suppose...

My corpse doesn't have any human rights, because it's not human any more.
It does... but mostly has duties to be disposed of, and a living person can not keep a dead body, etc. For example, in USA law:

Basically, even if you are dead, you have the right and duty to be disposed of as to not be a danger to the living. And they is payment involved. (you should see how angry that branch gets when your corpse, or kin, does not have money to be disposed of. You get only a few minutes to mourn and it's near the furnace, since the kin did not pay for it.
A grandmother I was befriend with, had a family that just let her live in poverty and did not visit her often. But when she died, they even had a plot of ground for her (ground is expensive, all our family has is niches/nisses (like a department for the dead). So ignored when alive, but very involved when she died. Not sure how I feel about that.

Last edited:
of course, if you come to collect before i'm gone, i'll be a little less receptive.
How do you recognize that this is happening to you? Just small non-punisheble mistakes during your treatment. Depends of the corruption of your country.
Remember the story about the kid that got kidnapped, and then was released with a bag of money (not much) and one organ less...

Basically, even if you are dead, you have the right and duty to be disposed of as to not be a danger to the living. And they is payment involved. (you should see how angry that branch gets when your corpse, or kin, does not have money to be disposed of. You get only a few minutes to mourn and it's near the furnace, since the kin did not pay for it.
Paying for the burial with money gotten from selling the organs would be a fair solution, but alas the government doesn't buy them from you, it just takes them and the money for your burial needs to come from elsewhere. Is that fair?

How do you recognize that this is happening to you? Just small non-punisheble mistakes during your treatment. Depends of the corruption of your country.
That's a scary conflict of interests, if they make a mistake costing a donor his life then they can potentially be rewarded with more than a million dollars. I've thought about this too, I'm not sure I trust the medical industry to handle ethically with such a huge conflict of interest.

Another thing I think is worth mentioning is that organ transplants are often some of the most expensive surgeries out there. Some cost more than a million. So forget saving some poor kid's life, your organs go to rich people only.

IMO they should normally pay donors for their organs but also offer a chance to donate organs for free so that those free organs can go for cheap to poor families. That would allow poor people to get organs too and it would result in more organs being donated in total. But it would also result in less profit, so it's not going to happen.

df0oamltyk751.jpg

My corpse doesn't have any human rights, because it's not human any more.
So one gets to have a say, what shall happen to their property after their death, but not what happens to their body?

Hey I found work at the Cirque du Soleil.... oh, nevermind.

Back