Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

I don't see how it's absurd for a government to spend 6 times more on non-army stuff vs army stuff. If anything, the defense spending of the US is the absurdity.
As for the amounts, it has to be compared with the GDP growth. It'd be absurd not to spend more when your economy generates more.

For public debt, the interests rates have been very low. If you compare the two graphs, you can see that even if the public debt/American has grown a lot between 1190 and 2020, the interest spending is mostly the same.
Also as long as it's in the country's own currency, it's unclear if public debt is a problem at all. According to Modern Monetary Theory, public debt is just money the government put in the economy and didn't tax back. It actually makes sense that it grows as the economy grows.

I think all NATO countries aim to spend at least 2% GPD on defense.
My point was that they are spending money they are lending and those interest cost will be a lot especially over longer periods. Spending is increasing, debt is increasing and interest costs are increasing.

chart2.jpg

I think all NATO countries aim to spend at least 2% GPD on defense.
My point was that they are spending money they are lending and those interest cost will be a lot especially over longer periods. Spending is increasing, debt is increasing and interest costs are increasing.

View attachment 39151
The US government doesn't borrow money: it issues it. All that talk of "borrowing money" or "spending more than we have" is mostly a way to justify budget cuts.
The US government could repay all this debt by entering some numbers in a spreadsheet.

I would guess Ward, in a hospital maybe.
At $work we have a WAR room, it's a Work-Area-Recovery room. When $shithitsthefan, this is the room that still has access to the mainframe, databases and a local copy of SkyNet^H^H^H^Hclassified.

Back