Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

iw8zxp483pu71.jpg

I had to wait 24 years... but it's finally that time again! What time? The time the Penis plant (Decus-Silvae) in the Hortus Botanicus in Leiden city is in bloom again! What a time to be alive!
Yup it's big and smelly. And all the visitors are very exited to see it. The seeds will be collected and send to other Hortus Botanicus all over Europe.

In other Dutch News: The yearly cow market did not happen this year either. The market in Woerden city is Dutch cultural heritage. They show all sorts of cows and a jury chooses the best one (all different criteria, like best udders; there is even a category for old cows)

and one more (Dutch, sorry). There is a newspaper that is al about cats. One of the editions is about cats in wartime with titles as "eat or be eaten". So owners did not have food for the cat, so he had to hunt itself for it. But there were a huge amount of catnappers.

Last edited:
For yet more Tory Absurdism, check out Raab’s latest proposals for “correcting” “incorrect” HRA judgements.

• Angry
Reactions: rSl
If that didn't make you laugh, then the follow up will:

The structure made me think of this:

And once we remove that gold from electronics using chemicals, we can use the bacteria to poop out gold nuggets.

The structure made me think of this:

And once we remove that gold from electronics using chemicals, we can use the bacteria to poop out gold nuggets.
On a tangentially related matter, did you see that pyrites (AKA “Fool’s Gold”) does contain actual gold? But it took specific spectroscopy techniques to be able to identify that and only very recently...

and only very recently...
Emmet Brown knew that already in june 1875 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/235151197
He then sold the method to *redacted* (use of chlorine).

Kidding aside... no I have not heared about that, neither have I touch a spectroscope lately. I imagine the more expensive ones now being able to hit the material with different light and a small computer doing the analysis and giving you exact percentages of the composition, as seen in Superman III

Last edited:
Back