Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

0.jpg

mikey loves kristy forever.
Sounds like "my preciousss...for everrrr..." ... maybe it's 'he who shall not be named...'

ideas are easy... bigger screen, adopt intel, ditch the keyboard... and call it super wario galazy Z... the 90% is in the actual execution...

<nofun>Most loss prevention schemes (like scissors tied with string or the quarter for a shopping cart) aren't meant to deter would be thieves, they're to prevent accidents. You may not have meant to steal the scissors, but you were using them and then were talking and you walked away and oops now their in your bag. Wouldn't happen if they were tied with string.</nofun>

Pretty sure the shopping cart thing is so they can have fewer employees. In my experience such stores have a handful of people (I always see the same faces) and they do stocking, cleaning, and the register. Gathering carts periodically would probably take them away from those tasks a few hours per day or week. They do other little things to cut costs, such as not providing bags for the groceries to go in, and just tossing everything in the cart, leaving you to bag them yourself (or box them yourself with boxes from the store, which lowers their cost to get rid of boxes).

I could be totally wrong about all of that, though.

Pretty sure the shopping cart thing is so they can have fewer employees
Yes. The important part though was that it's not a theft deterrent. When they introduced them I thought it was stupid: 25 cents isn't going to stop some kid from swiping a cart. Then I realized it wasn't to prevent theft, it was to make you put them back. I remember thinking I had two more examples but now I can't remember them.

Its local name, pirarucu, derives from the indigenous words for "pira" meaning "fish" and "urucum" meaning "red".

source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arapaima

Pyra: This device was tested on animals. They did not manage to use the device.
Pyra: This device can be used by both men and women.

Last edited:
Back