Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT (for Zelda NES game) do not watch if you still want to play it...

Last edited:
A couple of my pathetic jokes have turned up in commercials recently. They aren't all that original or clever, but it still ruins the fun for me. The one I keep seeing features some pigeons, and one of them tells the others to "fire at will", which gets the response "how did you know his name was Will?", and later "it's Will! Hi, Will.", and the first winged rat says "his name isn't Will!". Or something like that. I usually go with something like "what did Will do?", or when watching ST, especially TNG, "and then you will blow up your own ship...fire at the bad guys!". Yeah, Picard can be stupid sometimes.

I forgot the other joke/commercial. I will be back if I see it again.

google-adwords-product-placement-wow-singles.png

Not sure if this is Absurd , cool or somewhere in between.

When you seek to get $15K to make a fidget cube and end up getting 156,000 backers and raise $6.5 Million. Complete with Nub

I looked into those popsicles a bit (I wanted to see if I could get some). Reminded me of other silly things people do, either as a joke or super serious, to make statements and whatever. I have been involved in a few of those things (usually to challenge or disregard beliefs), and, in 2003, a work colleague of mine totally caught me off guard as she became enraged over some space shuttle popsicles. Normally I was the one she was going off on, not innocent people trying to enjoy a frozen treat on a hot day.

I used to wonder if anyone ever tried to turn all the oceans into holy water. My thinking was that this would effectively make all water on the planet holy water since the (holy) water that evaporates would get mixed in with other water vapor in the (now holy) clouds, which would drop (holy) rain/snow/hail back down to the surface contaminating sanctifying all the bodies of water it makes it into. I guess by now this would have already happened even with only small quantities of holy water being made. Kinda makes me question the storminess that is so common in supernatural horror if the rain is gonna harm all the baddies. Anyway, I know what I will be doing next time I go to the beach.

I used to wonder if anyone ever tried to turn all the oceans into holy water. My thinking was that this would effectively make all water on the planet holy water since the (holy) water that evaporates would get mixed in with other water vapor in the (now holy) clouds, which would drop (holy) rain/snow/hail back down to the surface contaminating sanctifying all the bodies of water it makes it into. I guess by now this would have already happened even with only small quantities of holy water being made. Kinda makes me question the storminess that is so common in supernatural horror if the rain is gonna harm all the baddies. Anyway, I know what I will be doing next time I go to the beach.

Back