A/v Cables Have Arrived!

Nice! The cables work! Hard to tell the video quality from the youtube video (photos might be difficult to tell as well), but how is the output quality? Nice and sharp?

Also, looks like there's a split second delay between Pandora and the TV output. Is that something that can be fixed? Kinda minor, but I gotta ask. :p

well, split of a second, is much more better than almost half a minute for VGA selector to stabilize. (sometimes it also depends of the TV/Receiver)

DroneB Dev said:
well, split of a second, is much more better than almost half a minute for VGA selector to stabilize. (sometimes it also depends of the TV/Receiver)
I think that -Tj- refers to the latency between a screen update on the Pandora and it showing up on the TV, and not the time it takes from someone sticking in the actual cable and the TV getting a picture.

It might be the TV that's to blame for that, however. TVs don't usually have to show content quickly, so they don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xian Long said:
gruso, i have no idea what time it is in australia right now, but hurry up and blog this.

ita already on the blog, has been since the 11th.

j.pickens said:
Poem58 said:
could you please link to the type of adapter needed? Thanks.
To roll your own, you need this:
http://www.showmecab...?idProduct=3102
And here is a premolded adaptor, 4 wire 3.5mm male to 4 wire 2.5mm female:
http://shop.vetcosur...roducts_id=7717
Which will work with lots of cellphone headsets, like:
http://www.amazon.co...52770764&sr=1-4
Oh, and I see that the Blackberry Curve has a 4 wire 3.5mm headset jack, so you shouldn't need an adaptor with one of those, though they might have added some other functionality which would make testing this first necessary.
Like this:
http://www.amazon.co...52770764&sr=1-6

Thanks, I was trying to see what you were talking about and found no solution. Probably because I was looking for a cable that ran out to a headphone jack and had a jack for adding a microphone (for what ever reason the combo headset never even occurred to me probably due to the fact that I don't do the cellphone thing). So thanks for the link for the make your own cable as I would need that as I do not use a combo headphone/microphone headset. The adapter for 3.5 to 2.5 is useless as I have nothing with a 2.5 plug, thankfully, I always hated those as I had one once and hated using the adapter to convert to plug into everything.

borgqueenx said:
i really want these cables but i dont wanna order with bank to bank account again :(

When I added a cable to my existing pre-order, 6 months later, they let me pay for the cable via paypal.

Poem58 said:
Thanks, I was trying to see what you were talking about and found no solution. Probably because I was looking for a cable that ran out to a headphone jack and had a jack for adding a microphone (for what ever reason the combo headset never even occurred to me probably due to the fact that I don't do the cellphone thing). So thanks for the link for the make your own cable as I would need that as I do not use a combo headphone/microphone headset. The adapter for 3.5 to 2.5 is useless as I have nothing with a 2.5 plug, thankfully, I always hated those as I had one once and hated using the adapter to convert to plug into everything.
(We're talking about the headphone jack as another audio input here)
My suggestions may need some tweaking, as the audio input may need a preamp to take audio in from a microphone.

dflemstr said:
DroneB Dev said:
I think that -Tj- refers to the latency between a screen update on the Pandora and it showing up on the TV, and not the time it takes from someone sticking in the actual cable and the TV getting a picture.

It might be the TV that's to blame for that, however. TVs don't usually have to show content quickly, so they don't.

Yeah, it's not the time it takes the TV to stabilize. In the youtube vid there's a 1 frame delay between what's on Pandora and what's on the TV. I thought it was maybe a slow video recorder problem at first, but usually something like that would show what's on top first, then delay what's below, not the other way around.

My monitor takes a full 6 or 7 seconds before it'll show anything under HDMI, so on my 360 I usually miss the whole start up screen. Kinda sucks 'cause I think the 360 start up logo is pretty damn cool. :p

j.pickens said:
Poem58 said:
(We're talking about the headphone jack as another audio input here)
My suggestions may need some tweaking, as the audio input may need a preamp to take audio in from a microphone.

Right, I would assume that would have to be the case. I had some powered microphones that used the 3.5mm jack but got rid of them, so I won't be able to test this anytime soon. I had read awhile back there was external Mic input at least now I know how I would access that. Not that I'll need it right away or anything as I would need to get the mic or get/make and amp for my current mic and then use an adapter to go from the larger plug (you know like 70's headphones the BIG headphone jack I forget the mm size) to a headphone amp or just directly to one I'd make or something. So alot of fuss so I'm personally probably going to run a mic through my stereo and feed it through the TV cable before I go through all that. At least now I know what I have to do when the time comes I need it!

nice, i snapped a screenshot of the inside of the top lid, to add to the photo album :)

vaknt.png

what looks interesting is that light! Looks like a cool mod to do to the case, like the apple notebooks.

6zrjfq.jpg

opps, can a mod please combine my previous post into the a/v cables thread? ^_^

Ah, the ever so silent Michael Weston.

Is there any video, interview or something where we can hear his voice? I mean, in all of his videos there is something missing specially since he is a hardware guy and he usually demos pandora related junk, it isn't a program demonstration where the program itself does the talking.
He think he needs to talk a little bit more.

Or perhaps I'm too used to the PR talking of Craig that had me spoiled, I hope not.

Anyways, I just ordered a bare pandora back in September since I was a bit short on cash, but video out cables and a jacket would be sweet later on (like 2 days later on :D ) Unlike the pandora, will you have stock for people like me?

Oh, an while I'm at it. When are you going to show (or at least update how they are doing) the pandoras' covers.

Back