A Suggestion For Gbax

DrJones

Craig,

I've noticed that prices are only specified in Pounds. How about providing the (estimated) Euro and Dollar prices as well?

I realize that those prices are specified once you start ordering, but it would be nice to have them beforehand.

I thought I'd post this here, so that everoyne can discuss this.

Just a suggestion. :)

This is done at the checkout. I have another suggestion to make. How about offering upgrades? For those with 133mhz who want a 166mhz (of for those with 166mhz who wants the cool 180mhz+ B) )

I realize it's at checkout, but it would be handy if it was available right away.

no offence, this isn't a flame...

contrary to drumarseter's beliefs, gp32x is not in league with gbax, things like these would be better addressed by talking to gbax direct, not via a public forum!

peace out :D

This isn't a flame, no. I do believe, though, that things can be discussed here. And Craig visits these forums as well. If this topic isn't wanted here, I'll suggest this to Craig myself.

DrJones posted on Jul 16 2004 at 11:09 AM said:
I realize it's at checkout, but it would be handy if it was available right away.
You can't do that. Currency exchange rates change daily. That is calculated by their payment service at time of order.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe not handy right away but it would be better if people knew since then there'd be more customers.

Yuglooc posted on Jul 16 2004 at 11:07 AM said:
This is done at the checkout. I have another suggestion to make. How about offering upgrades? For those with 133mhz who want a 166mhz (of for those with 166mhz who wants the cool 180mhz+ B) )
I don't believe Craig mods them to 180mhz I think these are just the units that come 180mhz before hand.

DaveC posted on Jul 16 2004 at 05:43 PM said:
You can't do that. Currency exchange rates change daily. That is calculated by their payment service at time of order.
I'm coding a shop for someone at the moment and it will simply have products priced differently but constantly for each currency. Sure they lose a little but think about it, people change their prices all the time in supermarkets etc. to keep up with inflation (and therefore exchange rates). If things change a LOT, then the owner of the web shop just changes the price to match. Our bank hook-up accept the currency as input as well as the price in THAT currency, but don't convert. I guess a script could do it, though, there must be a public API wired up to a database somewhere.

CrazyDesi posted on Jul 16 2004 at 08:02 PM said:
Yuglooc posted on Jul 16 2004 at 11:07 AM said:
I don't believe Craig mods them to 180mhz I think these are just the units that come 180mhz before hand.
He sends them off to a guy on these boards who mods them. He pays him to do it.

Back