Gbax Revisited Compo

Tobriand

Website
Visit site
To my knowledge this competition was fairly common knowlege, but in the ThunderZ interview thread, TZ himself said he didn't realise it was on - and it was also mentioned that some thought it was a fake. So I'm just making this thread to post a link to it here in the GBAX 2004 results page, where it says:

However this isn't the end this year, as we have a final surprise for you all. We still have a brand new GP32BLU console to give away, and this is how its going to work, were looking for the most improved previous competition entry one month from now (10th of June). Not just from this completion but from any of our previous ones. So better get that old source code back out and start fixing those bugs :)

about 3 paragraphs down. Ok, it might only be 3 days away from the closing date, but if there are people out there who don't know about it... well, better late than never. Though errm... probably not after those 3 days lol.

This could of been the greatest GBAx if a little more hype had been given to it. Maybe it still will be, who knows.

If there aren't many entries then maybe the final deadline could be rolled back.

Its struck me as very odd, the amount of confusion surronding the extended compo.

I'm certain that there was a large amount of buzz following the announcement about the extended compo, i myself started at least one topic about what people hope to see out of the extended compo.

I do however find it somewhat odd that the only mention of it made by gbax.com is a small paragraph that will be clearly overlooked as people download the games and emus on offer.

come on craigix, surely its in your interest to at least give it front page recognition and advertise on various boards!

The problem is that it has less coverage than others competitions. It has not been much discussed. I can only remember the news annoucement topic. I didn't remember that it was so near. B)
Let's advertise it!

I did, and it was on the front page here as well as gbaemu, gp32emu, zodiacgamer etc. its a 'test' to try to come up with a solution to all the people who say 'the competition entries are never worked on ever again after the comp finishes'.

So lets see what happens, I think its the first time such a thing has been tried.

I did email everyone I had an email address for too, but alas most readme.txt files didn't contain an email.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I did, and it was on the front page here as well as gbaemu, gp32emu, zodiacgamer etc. its a 'test' to try to come up with a solution to all the people who say 'the competition entries are never worked on ever again after the comp finishes'.

So lets see what happens, I think its the first time such a thing has been tried.

I did email everyone I had an email address for too, but alas most readme.txt files didn't contain an email.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
damn spam filter, I did not get one... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Im entering Gigas into it,

chances of winning: zero, i worry they'll look at the demo and rate it as if it was a game - and totally ignore the built in editor which is probably the main feature of it.

but its a bit of fun anyway and the dates match up so why not eh?

I didnt get any e-mail either, but it was mentioned on all the main news sites at the time.

I'm going to enter an updated version of TunnelGame3D.
Btw. I saw both the original announcement on the gbax-compo-page and got an email from Craigix, so I'm guessing other coders have noticed it aswell.

Back