A Running Total?

Padd3r

Still Fresh
I want to create a little running total about pandora completion, so does anyone know how many pandoras are being completed each day and how many have been completed so far?

Caine said:
Not really. It has been tried in the past and failed. It's pretty hard to derive these numbers from the forum posts alone and the OPT doesn't want to waste any time on this.

It's not that we don't want to waste any time on this, it's just that this is nigh impossible to do until everything works flawlessly.

There was a stallment where no units were delivered because of a lot of faulty nubs (continuing to put faulty nubs on board is no good idea).
Not that the nubs are being tested, production has been started again, though not going fullspeed until the new nubs are being produced. Testing is just a workaround until those new nubs will be ready.

Also, I remember I somewhere said that with the upcoming next units, we'll be at about 900 delivered ones.

How long will it take for the rest?
Well, depends on how fast the new nubs are ready, so we can go in fullspeed mode.

We'd love to have them already (we'd love to deliver all the units as quickly as possible), but the production of the nubs takes a bit, you can't just clap your hands and - pooof - there they are :)

So until then, production will be slow but steady, and then it's finally time to speed things up.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Now that the nubs are being tested, production has been started again, though not going fullspeed until the new nubs are being produced. Testing is just a workaround until those new nubs will be ready.
Fixed.

(Just so nobody gets confused by your post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Well after you've got those new nubs, even a very general total of how many have shipped would be amazing. I'm sure the community could take it from there.

EvilDragon said:
So until then, production will be slow but steady, and then it's finally time to speed things up.

Is there an -estimated- arrival -week- for the nubs yet? Note - very general terms, not asking for a specific date written in stone, just a general time frame.

I'm around #1250. Does that put me in the 'tested old version nubs' set or in the 'new batch of nubs' set?

Thank you.

You will know about big milestones like 1000,1500,2000,3000 etc.

I'm preparing to do loads of harvesting tomorrow where we try to resurrect units which have not shipped for one reason or another, usually things like damaged cases, bad keymats etc. then we should get the next batch and be ready to hit 900. Then the next shipment might be 250 so we will sail past 1000 without noticing in any big way.

The *big* batch of cases is also on schedule and I might do some video/photos of that when it arrives if I have time.

craigix said:
The *big* batch of cases is also on schedule and I might do some video/photos of that when it arrives if I have time.

In the last two weeks or so I didn't care much of the progress. Man, that was relaxing.
So I have to ask what you mean with *big* batch. AFAIR you wanted to order 1000 and if they are OK the rest 7500? Should be ordered.
Is *big* batch now the 1k batch or the remainder batch of 7500?
The number 7500 could be different, I guess oyu know what I mean :)

craigix said:
You will know about big milestones like 1000,1500,2000,3000 etc.

And how will you know this, if you haven't been counting along the way? Or will you just judge based on how many cases (boards?) you've gone through? That's misleading if any broke, Were returned refurbished but not harvested for case parts (isn't there glue being used?), whatever.

craigix said:

And what's the status on that, now? A couple of weeks ago you said that they were being mailed from China, but gave no dates. Are the other ones already on a boat and on their way, or are they still being painted, too?

Back