Current Delivery Progress In The First 1000?

silver

Sorry if this sounds a little impatient - not meant to be - but I am curious about how far we are progressing down the order queue?

Original posts/tweets from several days ago seemed to indicate we were churning out 50 odd a day ('We are going for 50 tomorrow' or similar), but maybe that was a running total.

Anyway, Just reading ED's update "Tales from the Hall", it suggests 60 units have reached customers - I thought we would have been on a few hundred by now, but could be I am way out.

Not a problem, but would be good to know roughly how many are being made a day, and how many are being shipped out a day. (I have been told I'm around ~800 in the queue).

Thanks.

silver said:
Anyway, Just reading ED's update "Tales from the Hall", it suggests 60 units have reached customers - I thought we would have been on a few hundred by now, but could be I am way out.
So wrong to assume, but I will anyway. :lol:
I think that was the first lot or so that was sent out, so would have reached customers by now. Well they did a few days ago.
Guess he was factoring in delivery time.

We've not had a running total of how many has been produced, sent out, which would be nice since we didn't get the live feed.
So we're all in the same boat as you mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
With luck, a lot of this week has been spent on pipe cleaning, and changing the flow to better suit the few failures that have occurred. Adding more time for battery tests may mean that it has taken a while to full up the line completely too. I'd like to see a 'total number built' by the end of this week though - that might look better than numbers like 50,5,20,30,50 that we might see over the week (which would only have caused anger!). 50/day gives them a months for the rest of the cases to arrive without adding any delay.

They seem to be keeping the number under their hats which makes me think they haven't sent that many out compared to the first day, I expect due to increased testing and building practices. This is of course all wild speculation.

gibberish said:
It's gona be a long wait.
It already is :) At least they give our units a good test run. This simply takes time.

They seem to be keeping the number under their hats which makes me think they haven't sent that many out compared to the first day, I expect due to increased testing and building practices.

Yup. I don't understand why they are being so secretive about the numbers.

They have ignored every post about keeping a running tally of the numbers.

So far it looks like 60-100 were produced on the first day and a bit, but after another 5 days they've done less than 250 total?

I know that QC and testing has been increased, but there's also 2 more of the team on site, and things were supposed to start getting faster as they improved the assembly line.

neogramps said:
They seem to be keeping the number under their hats which makes me think they haven't sent that many out compared to the first day, I expect due to increased testing and building practices.

Yup. I don't understand why they are being so secretive about the numbers.

They have ignored every post about keeping a running tally of the numbers.

So far it looks like 60-100 were produced on the first day and a bit, but after another 5 days they've done less than 250 total?

I know that QC and testing has been increased, but there's also 2 more of the team on site, and things were supposed to start getting faster as they improved the assembly line.
maybe because they're assembling units rather than reading forums? ^^

Tweets from craig suggest they've shipped less than 200 so far.
-at least 50 will ship tomorrow mid day.

-Some of today's work, going for 100 tomorrow. http://twitpic.com/1q43gg

-Didn't quite manage the full 100 today - but we have lots of notes of how to speed it up!

-Big box of Pandori for shipping tomorrow. Over 100 in the wild now. Appstore has downloads/tweets activated.

It's not really all that vague. I would say at this point that I would have expected a tweet yesterday about how many they've gotten ready but they did spend a lot of time doing Consumer assistance to about 40 or 50 people who just got the system, I'd imagine the people who have slower shipping methods will soon be popping up and they may have to help them out too which means a slower production. The mroe they have to run around answering things like "where are the other 3000" or "how many have you shipped" when most of that information is something you can glean from just looking the less time they have for making more pandoras.

Racemaniac said:
Yeah, I thought the same thing last week, as there was very few post from anyone. And that appeared to be the case, but the last few days have seen many post from team members, so I would say they are trying to balance building units with also helping out with problems and concerns from those who have received there units.

I don't think many people mind the wait, as we have all been waiting a very long time, but when you are shipping units, and not saying how many are leaving out the door, I really don't see the reason for not given that info.

Chris

Given that craig, michael and ed are all posting several times a day, that's not true.

Yeah, that is pretty vague actually - shipped 50 then made about 100, but only "over 100" sent - shouldn't that be "over 150" - why vague numbers at all - they know exactly how many they have done, or are they not counting them and adding serial numbers as they go?

Bosbeetle said:
and probably they are also buffering for the shipment to germany.

Yeah that's true too, keep forgetting about Germany. they're probably splitting off every 5th Pandora for ED's store.

neogramps said:
Given that craig, michael and ed are all posting several times a day, that's not true.
Here at work, I used to glance at the forums every couple of hours, note some new posts, take 10 minutes or so to read and respond, and then back to work.
Since the Pandora started shipping, I can't read every post anymore. After an hour or so, new posts are already to the bottom of the page! There is no way the team can be assembling and keeping up with the forums. If they post every once in a while, it's highly selective, possibly just catching the tail end of threads that they're interested in, and skipping the rest. If you want to get them to read your post, try something like "EvilDragon, if you value the life of your cat, you will read this post!"
I don't even know if he owns a cat, but it'll at least get his attention :p

I'd like to know simply (and selfishly) because I'm 300-400 in the queue and I'd like to know when it will arrive. Last weekend I was thinking it would arrive by this weekend -- but that doesn't seem likely at the moment.

I know they're doing their best, don't get me wrong, but info would be welcome.

neogramps said:

Yeah, that is pretty vague actually - shipped 50 then made about 100, but only "over 100" sent - shouldn't that be "over 150" - why vague numbers at all - they know exactly how many they have done, or are they not counting them and adding serial numbers as they go?

I understand they are busy but time can always be made and im sure Craig is not working in the hall 24/7. According to twitter he said over 100 should be out in the wild , but now it seems only 50 have been shipped but 100 made :S I think out of all the times during the OP project, this is the time when they should be keeping us fully up to date with the progress. Im also afraid that they are too busy worrying about shipping the first 1000, that the cases for the other 3000 units are going to arrive very late -.- ........

WizardStan said:
If you want to get them to read your post, try something like "EvilDragon, if you value the life of your cat, you will read this post!"
I don't even know if he owns a cat, but it'll at least get his attention :p

Tempted. I'll blame you if I do it.

carlgeorge said:
I'd like to know simply (and selfishly) because I'm 300-400 in the queue and I'd like to know when it will arrive. Last weekend I was thinking it would arrive by this weekend -- but that doesn't seem likely at the moment.

I know they're doing their best, don't get me wrong, but info would be welcome.

Id like to know that for 550-600

Back