A Plea To Extend The Re-ordering Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got Angstrom running this afternoon. I just couldn't get an SD card loaded with multi-partitions so I could have the FAT boot partition and the EXT2 filesystem on one card so I had to make them separate. After almost a day of fighting with that, it's working!

I don't have time for a video just yet. I must be off to a family get together in about 10 minutes, so I offer a quick snapshot: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MW...nt=DSC01003.jpg

It still needs a mouse attached, but it uses the internal keyboard.

MWeston said:

Cool but... can't you use a stylus on the screen in place of the mouse? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
I finally got Angstrom running this afternoon. I just couldn't get an SD card loaded with multi-partitions so I could have the FAT boot partition and the EXT2 filesystem on one card so I had to make them separate. After almost a day of fighting with that, it's working!

I don't have time for a video just yet. I must be off to a family get together in about 10 minutes, so I offer a quick snapshot: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MW...nt=DSC01003.jpg

Looks great! :D

Monk said:
MWeston said:

Cool but... can't you use a stylus on the screen in place of the mouse? :huh:

He probably doesn't have it setup for that yet. Though I'll probably use on of those nifty portable mice. (Is that right when talking about the electronic mouse?) You know, the really tiny ones. Somone was using one with their dev board.

Cool but... can't you use a stylus on the screen in place of the mouse?

Touchscreen drivers not working yet?

lardman said:
Touchscreen drivers not working yet?
It's working in some builds (see ED's Matchbox demo video) but possibly not the built MWeston installed.

Touch screen works. I just totally forgot about it. I did try it later and it works, but it also brings up the menu every time you touch the screen so I like using the mouse better. Once the analog nubs are added into the mix, everything will be perfect without having to attach anything by USB.

MWeston said:

The next time you demo, if you want to show mplayer, you should show the beginning of Burn Notice instead.. the part that goes: "My name, is Michael Weston..."

Agreed. It's time to bring the avatar back too.

145.jpg

jhoff80 said:
MWeston said:

The next time you demo, if you want to show mplayer, you should show the beginning of Burn Notice instead.. the part that goes: "My name, is Michael Weston..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What I'd like to see a video of is the analog nub being used as mouse. Curious how well that'll work, cause that's what I plan on doing. But don't waste your time getting it to work just yet - do some real work instead.

We're definitely getting closer and closer, but at the same time it feels like we keep getting further away (as the date keeps slipping) - I'm trying to be confident that I'll get it in march/april, but my heart's not really in it. Even if we do - that's still two months.

Gruso said:
Agreed. It's time to bring the avatar back too.

145.jpg
Hah!! I was watching that show last night. :D

To quote Mr Gonzo... Badassery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back